20

ALANI

After tidying up, I was on Valerio's sofa—a blanket over me and a warm cup between my hands. My legs were draped over his thighs, sitting next to him while he inattentively stroked my shin with the tips of his fingers. I don't think he realised he was doing it but I didn't mind. Not at all.

He left a trail of fire wherever he touched and I found myself sighing when he started caressing my skin with a flat hand.

"This is the best thing I've ever tasted," I whispered, completely meaning it as I stared down at the cup. Valerio made the hot chocolate and I expected it to be good but not that good. I was in love the minute it touched my tongue.

Valerio smiled, giving me a small squeeze before going back to stroking. "I'm glad you like it."

"I don't just like it. I love it. Thank you," I said sincerely. Valerio had given me the best date I could have asked for and I wasn't just thanking him for the food.

He was a complete gentleman—always making sure I had everything I needed. If I was comfortable. Or uncomfortable. His need to impress and the lengths he went was such a fucking turn on. It had me resisting the urge to take my dress off.

I had to deal with the consequences of pushing him away earlier.

Despite how I felt, there wasn't a moment where I wanted to pick up my phone and text Silvana to complain about the man I was with.

Plus, he was satisfying to look at.

Valerio smirked, lifting his hand and his fingertips stroked my shoulder. Two hands on me at the same time—on different body parts. How was I supposed to maintain a normal conversation when I had all those feelings rushing through me?

I swallowed hard, suddenly feeling edgy as he continued touching me.

Another thing with Valerio, he wanted affection and he didn't just want it, he needed to be the one doing it. All the time. It didn't matter that I wasn't paying attention to him if he touched me me in any way shape or form. While I did the dishes, he ended up helping me just because he wanted to be close to me.

It made me feel good.

"You're amazing," Valerio complimented, sliding his fingers over my skin until his fingers hooked underneath the strap of my dress. He was hardly touching me, but the friction was amplified and I don't know if he was aware of the effect he had on me. He surely did and enjoyed seeing me slowly succumb to him.

I chuckled. "Bold statement from someone who hardly knows me."

It was Valerio's turn to laugh. "I know a lot more about you than you probably think I do," he said, looking down at my covered legs where his hand was underneath the soft fleece blanket.

I frowned at him, curious about what he meant. "How?"

"I don't have to ask anything," he replied with a small shrug. "All I need to do is listen when you speak."

"Really?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him. I found it hard to believe that anyone could be that observant but again, it was Valerio.

"Yes. Really," he confirmed with a nod of his head. "I know that you're studying Liberal Arts because you mentioned a test you were preparing for and the topics sounded familiar."

"What else do you know?" I asked inquisitively, just out of pure curiosity.

"You're 23."

I grinned, happy that he didn't just hear me when I spoke but like he said, he listened. "That's true. Tell me how you know that."