22

VALERIO

After cleansing, I took Alani's hand—helping her out of the shower.

Her cheeks held a red twinge, bright against her glowing skin. Her eyelashes were wet, sticking together as she blinked the water droplets away and scrunched her nose.

I bit the inside of my lip, stopping myself from turning her around and sliding into her again. Or grabbing her ass to allow her legs to wrap around my waist. Anything that meant I would be inside her again. She was sore, or she was tired. I could tell how shaky she was.  If it was up to me, I would be fucking her the entire night until I collapsed from exhaustion.

That's how fucking intoxicating she was.

That's how fucking obsessed I was.

Instead, I opted for giving her a kiss on the forehead as I wrapped a towel around her shivering body. She raised her head, her neck stretching taut as she looked up at me. There was a smile on her face, a contagious one and I found myself smiling too. Alani grabbed another towel off the hook, giving it to me and I took it to secure around my hips.

She yawned, covering her mouth with her hand. When she gazed at me again, her eyes were watery.

"Bed?" I offered, and her response was a wordless nod.

I tried to hide how happy I was that she was staying the night.

"Do you have a toothbrush for me?" she asked, tucking in the edge of the towel around her breast so it wouldn't fall.

"I do," I murmured, reaching into the counter beneath the basin. I pulled out a sealed toothbrush, opening it before handing it to her. I kept out the part where I had gotten one just for her—in case she needed it.

"Ooh," she whispered. "Thank you." She took it gratefully, moving around me to the basin and I took my place next to her. Together, we brushed our teeth—looking at each other in the mirror every now and then. It felt a lot more normal than it was supposed to feel. When we were done, Alani seemed just about ready to sleep right there.

She yawned again, and I chuckled as I interlaced my fingers through hers. I guided her to my bedroom, opening the duvet and I let her naked body fall onto the mattress. Seeing her in my bed— I had to force myself to look away as I hung up the towels.

Alani groaned, sliding her bare legs over the sheets. "Do you know how nice this feels?"

I climbed in next to her, sighing heavily when the back of my head hit the pillow. "You're right."

I turned my head, looking at her. She was on her side, the covers pulled up over her shoulders and her eyes were already shut. Her hair had fallen over her face, and I reached over to clear it away because I didn't want it to bother her.

Alani moaned, shifting closer to me and she peeked at me through her lashes. "Thank you for tonight," she whispered, her hand blindly manoeuvring underneath the covers until she found mine. My face softened, happy that she enjoyed her evening.

A tired Alani was a lot more affectionate—in the platonic sense. There was nothing sexual about the way she held my hand, stroking her thumb over my skin. My heart started beating faster in my chest, and I wondered why she made me feel that way. To make matters worse, it seemed that she was unaware of her actions.

Her breathing was steady, her brown eyes shielded by her eyelids. Alani was perfectly calm, while I felt as if I was about to explode with how soft she was treating me. I liked it. Too much.

"Do you feel better?" she asked softly, and I just barely heard her.

"Huh?" I asked confused, trying to think if there was anything wrong with me in the first place.