Filler #3

It was the middle of the day and both adults were home for once. The two adults were in the family room watching the tv together. A [hair color]-haired kid had just come downstairs to get a snack but heard the two of them talking.

'Perfect.' The 12-year-old thought smiling making a detour and going into the family room instead.

The two didn't notice the kid until they had stood in front of them. "Oh, hi baby." [mothers name] greeted smiling and her child.

"Hi, mom!"

"Did you need something?" [fathers name] asked to which the 12-year-old shook their head.

"Not really." They answered. "Just wanted to let you know that I think I'm nonbinary."

The room had fallen into silence neither adult knowing what to say to their child coming out to them out of nowhere. "Huh?" [mothers name] let out with dotted eyes.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm nonbinary." They Repeated scratching their head. It wasn't out of nervousness or anything because this whole time they had acted like it was a normal Thursday afternoon.

[fathers name] had cleared his throat before sitting up straight. "Could you explain this to me and your mother?" He asked- demanded.

The 12-year-old nodded their head before explaining. "To put it a short and simple way I'm basically not a girl or a boy but something outside of the gender binary. So for me, I would be gender-neutral."

"And how do you know?" The woman asked her child.

The kid let out a brief laugh. "It's hard to explain but I just do." Their mother nodded absentmindedly.

The three were in silence for a while until a certain person broke it. "Y'know when I imagined this in my head I thought I'd just come out and you'd be all like 'oh wow that's great we love you so much!' And we'd like hug and stuff. Not be met with silence like you're disappointed." They chuckled nervously at the end.

[mothers name] shook her head "no we're not disappointed! We're just processing this." She started. "And we do love you very much and are happy you felt comfortable enough to tell us this. Isn't that right [fathers name]?" She turned to look at her husband.

He didn't look at his child. He nodded but said nothing and refused to look up. "Is that it or is there anything else?" [mother's name] questioned.

"Oh yeah. I'd like for you to call me [name] from now on and use they/them pronouns for me." [name] smiled.

"Of course. I'll inform your maid as well." [mothers name] informed while [fathers name] kept his head down and stayed quiet.

"Thank you!" [name] said while going to the kitchen to get a snack like they were originally going to do. 'Well, that went quite well not what I imagined but still well nonetheless.'

And that's how you came out! Also, I'd like to clarify that when I wrote "So for me, I would be gender-neutral." It was a way to say that [name] would only like to use they/them pronouns because I know that some other nonbinary people use any and all pronouns not just they/them.