Continuing

Kiyotaka POV

That night, Kushida and I discussed on a certain topic, namely, what Sakura was hiding. We found out she may be a model, judging from her fake glasses and similarities with a model online.

When I arrived at school today, Horikita was glaring at me. She asked about my weekend 'adventure' and how I only answered when Kushida asked me for help, but not her. She was carefully analysing everything. This is going to be a long day...

Keiko POV

It seems that class D has found a witness. I doubt they would help very much, considering that they're in the same class. Without concrete evidence, the witness's words hold no meaning. Even more so since they are a class that is not on the same social standing as the other classes, and the witness is from the accused own class. The best case scenario for them would be a witness from class A, and evidence like pictures, a video, the accusers being uninjured and the one who was accused being hurt. These would obviously point to class C initiating the fight, since the accused was the one injured, thus the accusers would have no ground.

That will not be enough to turn the tables on class C, and the people in the case obviously know this. So, if they want to win, they would need conclusive evidence. I wonder how they'll find it...

Even if he denies it, it's clear that Kiyotaka is pulling the strings. He's always been this way, well since that, at least. He probably doesn't want to stand out, to live a peaceful life like we dreamed about. He's still a dreamer, I suppose. He should know that he lost that chance a long, long time ago...

Some people never change. But I don't hate that about him. The past will always find a way to rear its ugly head, so if I were to meet him, I would tell him to enjoy it while it lasts. Or perhaps try to make him stop hurting himself with that deluded dream.

Anyway, the trial apparently takes place a few days from now. Perhaps I should try and nudge them in the right direction. Or, I could see his capabilities. My, temporary freedom sure has made me curious.

I walked alongside Sakayanagi and her crew. How she found so many people to admire her in such a short amount of time is beyond me. Her social skills are truly remarkable. My interactions have been limited to her and those amongst her group, so I'm not exactly a loner, but still... It feels awkward. Soon, they dispersed, heading to their respective clubs or dorms, or maybe to hang out with others. This left me alone with Sakayanagi once more.

"So, what did you want to talk about?" She asked knowingly. She's quite perceptive. Well, that does work in my favor while I'm here... I hummed, gesturing to the library. "Let's talk there." We walked in quietly so as to not alarm others by our presence. It was already abundantly clear that Sakayanagi was one of the leaders in our class, so she would definitely attract attention. We sat at a table and she put her cane down and we discussed some matters.

"I believe that the incident between class C and D was framed. It might be an experiment and a way to prove superiority." I told her quietly. She nodded, her ever knowing smile still present. "I believe in your judgment. That would certainly explain many things. Like, why class D was chosen, and a reason for their actions." Then she looked me straight in the eye. "Tell me more about this 'experiment' theory of yours. I'm interested." I explained my theory, but left a few details out.

"After the announcement that only class A will get privileges after high school, it was pretty obvious that everyone would start targeting us to overtake us. However, is it as simple as this? Using tests, exams and behavior to raise our ranks? Getting more class points from these simple things? No, I believe there is something more. As easy as it can be to deduct points and get points, there must be a catch." I spoke in a very monotone voice, so as to not alarm other library visitors or cause a leak in information.