Results!!!

This world is unfair. Why? Why? Why... the answer is unknown to most, but to me it is clear as day. It is because this world is separated into different social standing and society to judge us. A single word, a single action can change your life. Some try to tread carefully, but all inevitably fall into this trap. But...

Is it possible to avoid it entirely? This question... is something I have wondered from the end of my childhood. If I hadn't been born in that place? If I hadn't had such parents? Would my life be different? Would I be normal? Would I be innocent, laugh, cry, scream, shout...

And not have the blood of hundreds on my hands?

The world I was thrust into was the very reality of the real world. I had to fight, I had to stop crying over my stupid mistakes. I had to claw my way to the top. I had to give up on my dreams, my foolishness, how naïve I was, essentially throwing away what made me 'normal'. So all I can think is, this world is unfair. In our pursuit of happiness, wealth and knowledge, we will definitely leave people behind. How many times have I been left behind? How many have I left behind? That, I can only wonder.

If I had kept my emotions, I doubt I would be alive. I doubt I would be able to enjoy this small taste of freedom, even if it comes at a great price. I suppose... my life really doesn't matter, huh. My life, his life, anyones life... they all don't matter. Even if all of humanity died, this world will still continue to live, thrive, repair, spin round and round the sun. So why... am I here?

I might never know. But... I'll just keep enduring, enduring, enduring...

Waiting for this frost to melt, for spring to come. I guess... I'm still a foolish dreamer, huh...

Keiko POV

Finally, the examination is over. I just want to flop onto a bed and sleep, if I'm being honest. All the classes have already voted on the leaders and we are now lining up to receive the results. I am rather curious about the faces that Ryuen and Katsuragi will make. Anger? Disappointment? Shock? Happiness? Curiosity? I have no idea. Do they find a great adversary, a huge wall they have to climb, amusing? Exciting? I suppose Ryuen might, he is an odd person. I can see how he would be excited. I was too, I think, until I realized... he still can't beat me. What a shame.

Ryuen would probably look into it, so Kiyotaka has to hide better. Though, Ryuen is a smart person, at least in my eyes. He is able to rule his class and make others fear him, which is an excellent skill for a leader like him. However, his classmates do not really respect him, so to say he is more of a person they are scared of, so they don't dare disobey. How long will this effect last? I am curious to find out. Ryuen will immediately suspect Horikita, since he knows very well that the others are not capable enough. Ryuen will overestimate her until Kiyotaka is revealed as the mastermind. Ryuen has a strategy to his attacks. Many see them as simple shows of violence, but I can tell.

He has the capacity and ability to cover up every piece of discriminating evidence, and use his classmates as experiments. The incident with class D is enough evidence for that. The only way class D got out of that was through Kiyotaka's manipulation. It's a good thing that he is in that class if he plans to hold back. They won't suspect him for a while yet. I bet they call him a gloomy, plain guy who isn't very smart. He probably doesn't know the average, so he got straight fifties for everything in the entrance examination. I wanted to do the same, but I thought that most high schoolers would get at least ninety on that simple test, so I got straight eighties... I overestimated normal...

Anyway, we all stood in order, waiting for the announcement. "I now announce the special exam as over!" Mashima sensei said, looking at the clipboard. "Hey. Don't take it upon yourself to end this test." Everyone turned to the voice, who, as I suspected, was Ryuen. Many were murmuring about how he was still on the island. I was just looking at his appearance. Since he used up all the points, of course he had no way to buy supplies and equipment... he's so dirty... I turned back to the front.