Icarus

Kiyotaka POV

Soil and water will prevent our escape.

However, the sky is free.

Even in the darkest depths below,

There's hope.

"These are my wings. As long as I have these wings, I can soar freely in the sky." Icarus said.

"Icarus, listen carefully. Sometimes, freedom makes people go crazy. Arrogance will cause death. Even birds need to fly with caution." His father warned him.

"What a waste of taxpayers money." Chabashira sensei snorted as I sat down in the seat next to her. We were in a theater showing the story of Icarus. She had called me here to talk about something.

"A few days ago, a guy contacted the school and asked to kick Ayanokoji Kiyotaka out." She said. This fast?

"What's the point in that? I don't know who that person is, but I won't let anyone kick me out for no reason." I closed my eyes, and could feel the corners of my mouth shift downwards slightly.

"Of course, as long as you're still a student in this school, you'll be protected by the school. However, if you cause any trouble, then that would be another thing."

I looked to her side, frowning slightly. I'm not ready to go back yet. I have yet to keep my promise. The last one that we made.

The play continued. Icarus was now flying and showing off to his father.

"Unfortunately, I'm not the same as the arrogant Icarus. I won't challenge the sun." I looked as Icarus flew higher and higher...

"This has nothing to do with your will. As long as I think it is, it will become a reality." She folded her arms on her chest.

"You're not threatening me, right?" I asked, wary. I'm not sure what exactly she wants, but I do know that she wants me to help more with the class. To show my full potential.

"I'm making a deal with you. If your goal is to get to class A, I'll support you all the way. Don't you think this is a good deal?" She replied. I lost my support a long, long time ago. This is no different.

"There's nothing to talk about." I replied curtly, then I stood up to leave.

"What a shame Ayanokoji." I looked back at her, her statement drawing me in.

"You'll be kicked out soon, and lose your freedom."

Icarus fell from the sky, to his death, the feathers of his wings floating around him.

At this point I couldn't control myself anymore. I reached over and grabbed her by the collar.

"And you call yourself a teacher?" I glared.

She looked back at me with a gaze just as cold. "Make a decision now. Make it your goal to get into class A, or get kicked out."

As the play ended, the lights dimmed till it was completely dark. I unhanded her, standing up straight again.

"You want to use me, but you might regret it in the future." I told her.

"Don't worry. My life is already full of regrets." She laughed sadly.

I made my way out of the theater to the deck. I looked down from the ledge. Give up freedom for the sake of protecting my freedom?

The whole ship was now lit up by colorful lights, as we made our way to our destination.

What should I do next? The choice is obvious. However...

This does ruin my prospect of a quiet and peaceful high school life.