X

What is love?

What is the definition of being human?

Why do people change?

Why does everything have to change?

Is life... really just about me being left behind, or others leaving me behind?

I really have no idea what I'm supposed to think, as I hold onto the arm of a smiling girl's corpse. Should I be sad? Disgusted? Regretful? Happy?

"I... Don't understand. Remi... You said I would learn on my own. But... How long will it take?" He muttered as he gently placed her arm down and left the room, covered in crimson. He stared at the walls of perpetual white, which confined him to this place. To this fate.

Maybe in another life, in another world, in another universe... He wouldn't be here. He would be in the sun, running around in fields, playing with others, eating good food, laughing, shouting with his family and friends... He wished at that moment, more than anything else, to be that boy.

If I can't... Then I wish him happiness. The dull eyed boy closed his eyes as he told himself this silent prayer. I can't turn back time. I can't undo the things I have done. I don't have time to regret. I don't have time to learn how to feel all over again. But...

If such a chance should arise...

I would learn it all over again. As a thanks and a tribute to that girl who listened to my endless tune.

"You know, Kiyo... Music sounds best when you play from the heart. So learn how to do that, and I'll listen to you even from above!"

Perhaps she was right. But I might never know now. So I hope you find happiness above, Remi.

Congrats on escaping this place.

Third POV

After her loss in chess, Horikita Suzune still had to pick herself up to deal with the other problem. Ryuen. He still held a piece of evidence that could make others doubt her leadership. And now that reaching class A was her new goal, she had to ensure that nothing would stand in her way. She had no time for such petty class civil wars and the like when she only had three years to achieve what others had never achieved before.

So, she decided to think of ways to combat him.

But how? Sure video footage could be manipulated, but it was blatantly clear that it was HER voice on it. Also, she was still known for having a sharp tongue and coming off as cold to most. This was quite the conundrum. So, she found her self with only one option left.

Do as he had said.

Sure, it would cost her pride, humiliate her, make her feel like she was going against all she stood for, but she couldn't do anything in the present moment. So, she went to the place he had told her to be at and of course, he came later than she, just as the chess matches were about to be concluded.

"I see you came, Suzune." He smirked. "Got no ammunition left?"

Horikita POV

Tch. I can't believe I have to do this...

Ryuen smirked cockily as I glowered at him. That smirk of his really ticks me off. He laughed, holding up his phone with the video on it. "So, what's it going to be? Your pride or your position?" I have no doubts that no matter what I choose, I will still lose. It's frustrating, but I have no idea on what to do. Was I really his puppet this entire time? No, I refuse to believe that. Even if he does help me, I wouldn't say he controls me...

I let out a Tch in irritation, glaring at him coldly as he points to the ground, already knowing my answer. I was outplayed...

Then, when things just couldn't get worse, I spot Kushida looking from the corner at us. Her expression full of delight and eyes dark and taunting me to try and retaliate. So he has a witness, and she sees me get humiliated. How demeaning. I look down, gritting my teeth in utter rage and disappointment in myself for being so rash and saying something so carelessly, which got me into this situation.

Next time, this won't happen again. I'll make sure of it.

I lower my legs to the ground, each second of this torturous exercise feeling like a millennium. As I slowly start to bend down, knees about to touch the ground, I suddenly hear him say, "Stop. I'll delete the video, you can go. Damn, looks like they got to me first." Ryuen growls, clenching his fist, a look of feverish anger and excitement on his face, disgusting me. I quickly get back on my feet, and watch as he deletes the video before my very eyes. "There, happy? Bell Chan~" then he walks off, Kushida grinding her teeth and following, leaving me shocked.

What happened that made him change his mind? I know that this wasn't planned based on his tone and how angry Kushida looked when she left just now. He said someone outsmarted him, but who? I can't really think of anyone who would help me...

But these are thoughts for another day. I need to focus on the sports festival for now.

With that, I walk back to the results board in the field.

Third POV

A brunette makes her way to the roof, sighing as she stares off into the distance which seems to stretch out indefinitely. "Stage B will be starting soon, huh..."

She watched the leaves of many colors gently sway in the breeze, a sense of foreboding sweeping up within her, causing her to feel discomfort. Tomorrow's going to be a hassle, isn't it... especially after what X did...

Keiko turned back to the staircase, making her way back to the class A troupe.

I'll just keep to the plan. My plans never fail, after all.

A/N
Hello everyone! Sorry but... I won't be updating as much as last time still due to my end of years being next month... and because of all my drafts for other books. Do look out for a haikyuu fanfic if you like the anime! I might post it soon! Have a great time doing... whatever it is you're doing. I have no idea. Bye~