→ demon slayer! - giyuu x shinobu

demon slayer - giyuu x shinobu | a life so peaceful

a/n: modern au!

→ made by kaito

The sun reflected perfectly on his pale face, his eyelids fluttering as the sound of birds chirping ringed on his ears. He felt his body relax as he got up, his ocean eyes finally taking sight of his room.

He checked the alarm— 7:45 am. He woke up late.

Again.

Though he didn't took it as a disadvantage. In fact, if the alarm ringed twice and he didn't wake up, it is indeed a skill. That was his perspective.

He took off the blanket scattered on his lower body and stood up, yawning while the sunlight reflected on his back. He fixed his bed and got ready— not even bothering to eat breakfast.

Giyuu Tomioka wasn't the quite of person who'd eat breakfast regularly, not because he doesn't have money to buy some, he was just too lazy and never thought importantly about it.

He took off his home clothes and put on his school uniform, tying his messy hair in the process. He slid his feet on his shoes and left his dorm in a flash.

Meanwhile...

"Nee-san! Where did you put my uniform?!" The aggressive female yelled, she was aware she was already late for class, and that cause her to wake up in the bad side of the bed.

Kanae chuckled, "Now, now, Shinobu, take it easy! It's right front of you." The complete opposite female replied as she washed the dishes. Shinobu felt her face heat up in embarrassment.

She quickly put on her school uniform and rushed to the door, saying goodbye to her sister that was a teacher in that school. Ironic, isn't it?

'School is finally over..' The stoic faced male thought as he walked through the pathway along the road. The sky was painted in a beautiful shade of orange, with a mix of pinkish and yellowish.

"Damnit, I'm late to Mitsuri! Ahh!" He heard an energetic voice at his back, and before he knew it, he felt an impact on his side.

The girl groaned, "You- Watch your fucking back!" She yelled at him, but he didn't reply—

He was stunned.

That purplish hair in front of her naturally beautiful face—

It was no doubt that he have seen her before.

He was too stuck on his thoughts he didn't know she was tearing up.

'Could she possibly know too?'

"Y-You....YOU IDIOT! YOU BROKE MY PIN!" She yelled at him, her hair now messily scattered on her shoulders. She held her butterfly pin tightly before glaring at Tomioka, turning her back in front of him, not wanting to hear any of his bullshit anymore.

He tried to open his mouth, "S-Sorry.." But she never stopped walking.

In the speed of light, he saw a scene he never saw in his life.

It was a short girl, wearing a haori with a gradient of cyan and purple, a design of a butterfly's wing around it. She had the same butterfly pin as the girl.

"Shinobu..?" He unconsciously say, causing the girl to turn around.

She had the same facial features, the same hairstyle, the same height—

The same eyes he adored.

"Yes, Tomioka-san?"

The scene flashed out before he knew it— and he saw the same girl in his eyes, looking at him.

"..How did you know..my name?" She said, confusing him, what was happening?

She didn't seem bothered, she actually seemed surprised, and he couldn't help but tear up.

He finally remembered her.

"K-Kocho... You're alive.." He swiped his thumb to stop the tears streaming from his cheeks, but it ran down like a river—

His beloved was alive.

She gave him a look. "W-What do you mean? You're scaring me."

He knew damn well he couldn't tell her, she'll just call him weird and avoid him through the rest of their lives. But at the same time, he wanted her to remember him, he wanted her to know she was once an important person on his life.

He sighed, "Nothing..." He said, turning around, silently walking away— fighting the urge to stay with her, feeling her embrace.

Her eyes widens once again,

there it was.

A male with a half-half haori, the same hairstyle, and the same voice.

"T-Tomioka-san!" She yelled, tears also welling up her eyes. He quickly turned around, running towards Shinobu, feeling her embrace... again.

The two both cried in each other's arm, remembering the pain they felt on their past life— the love they couldn't had.