→ demon slayer! - inosuke x aoi

demon slayer - inosuke x aoi | festivals and confessions

a/n: this takes place after the final arc! so it means they're not demon slayers anymore. <3

made by kaito

inosuke hashibira doesn't quite understand marriage.

maybe it was a stupid thing, he wondered. he always heard the word 'marriage' when he's with kanao and tanjiro. he thought it was silly at first, but oh boy he doesn't know how deep he had fallen to a certain girl.

_________

as usual, it was 8 am in the morning and inosuke just had woken up. he quickly headed to the kitchen where tanjiro was cooking some breakfast. tanjiro greets him good morning and he just hums back.

"that's what i was saying- oh, good morning inosuke!" zenitsu greets him and continues to chat with tanjiro.

nezuko also enters the kitchen, after watering her plants. "oh, good morning inosuke!" she cheerfully greets the male.

tanjiro served the food in the table, and inosuke quickly got his plate and started eating— quite aggressively. nezuko lightly laughs while zenitsu just stares at him disgusted, and tanjiro asking inosuke to calm down.

as the three ate, they started chatting about their usual talk— marriage. inosuke stared at them while chewing, he doesn't understand a word.

annoyed, inosuke finally spoke up.

"you three, what the hell is marriage?!"

the others stared at him, before zenitsu bursts out laughing. inosuke tries to hit him but tanjiro stops him, asking him to calm down.

"inosuke, calm down! we'll explain it to you," nezuko smiles, as inosuke sighed aggressively and sat back down to his chair.

tanjiro started explaining, however the male didn't understand.

"what?! why would i need marriage?!" inosuke grumbles. "if you don't marry someone, you'll grow old alone, you know." tanjiro replies.

inosuke stares for a moment before grinning confidently, "I'll marry you guys then!"

"WHAT??!??!? YOU IDIOT! YOU CAN ONLY MARRY ONE PERSON!!! AND I'LL MARRY NEZUKO AND TANJIRO WILL MARRY KANAO, SO YOU CAN'T MARRY US!!!! YOU STUPID BOAR!" zenitsu yells. nezuko calms him down, as it was 8 am in the morning and they didn't want to be so noisy.

after the two barely calmed down, tanjiro starts talking once again.

"don't you have anyone you like romantically, inosuke? you feel comfortable with? you want to grow old with? you feel your face heat up when you talk to them? you get butterflies in your stomach when you're with them?"

inosuke can only think of one person in mind.

"...aoi."

silence filled the atmosphere. no one in a thousand years thought inosuke liked aoi.

and so, the three planned something special for them.

______________

meanwhile, in the butterfly mansion, aoi was wiping the dining table before kanao entered.

"aoi, tanjiro asked us to go with them at the festival." kanao smiles gently at her. aoi raises her eyebrow, "us? do you mean you and tanjiro?"

the girl stares before shaking her head slightly. "no, i meant you, tanjiro, me, nezuko, zenitsu and inosuke."