→jujutsu kaisen - megumi fushiguro

jujutsu kaisen - megumi fushiguro (angst) | cherish

manga spoilers

→ made by kaito

The light was disappearing..

Come back to me...

Don't leave me...

His eyes shot open. He quickly sat up as he panted heavily, gripping on his sheets while his other hand locked on his chest.

What was that dream?

He thought as he tried to calm himself down. His feet gradually touched the cold floor, as he stood up, yawning and ready to get ready for the day.

He walked towards his window, sweeping the curtain off as the sunlight reflected on his face. His eyes squinted and quickly closed the curtain again, sighing before walking to the door.

His smooth hands touched the doorknob, opening the door from his room slightly, expecting that loud cheerful voice outside, but it didn't came.

Was he not awake yet?

Oh well. I couldn't care less. He thought as he walked through the hallway, making his way through the dining table. His footsteps were the only thing heard across the building, making him strangely confused.

He scratched the back of his neck.

Are they not home?

That question filled his curious mind, checking the calendar near the kitchen.

Oh. It was his birthday today.

Forgetting his birthday didn't shock him. He was sure he always forget his birthday every year. But someone...

Someone always makes him remember.

And that someone... wasn't home today.

His eyes wandered the building, he was confused on why they weren't here today. Were they gonna surprise him? Prank him? A lot of ideas came into his mind.

Finally, he saw someone sitting by the bench near the exit. He quickly make his way towards the person, only to find out it was Maki.

"Oh. Fushiguro, happy birthday." She said as she yawned, looking tired as usual. Her scars were all over her face and body, scars she got from the fight she had...with the Zenin Clan.

He sighed. "Thank you, Maki-senpai," He replied, not wanting to call her 'Zenin-senpai' as he usually does, knowing it'll just make her mad at him.

He sat next to her. "Where's Gojo-sensei and the others?"

Her eyes widened. She seemed..shocked. He tilted his head, knowing damn well nothing was confusing about what he asked.

She suddenly looked away, fumbling her scarred hands as she stood up.

"You need to move on, Fushiguro." Was what she said before leaving him alone in the blue.

What?

The words bothered him all day, what did she mean by that?

Was there something he didn't know?

Wearing his Jujutsu Tech uniform, he strolled across the park near Jujutsu Tech. It was now quite late on the evening, and yet, he still haven't seen the three he have been looking for all day.

Stuck on his thoughts, he bumped into someone without even knowing. Perhaps, he didn't even feel anything.

That was until.

"Fushiguro," He heard that voice. He quickly turned around, seeing the peach haired boy he'd been looking for all day long, along with his teacher and... his female classmate.

They seemed— almost transparent. The three smiled at him,

"Happy birthday."

And with that, they disappeared from thin air— confusing the first year student, who seemed surprised and somehow, sad.

"Fushiguro. Is there anything wrong?" He turned around to see Maki waiting for him.

Ah right. He was in a walk with her.

He stared quietly, before muttering on his breath, in the words,

"I saw Gojo-sensei, Itadori and Kugisaki."

The awkward silence filled the atmosphere around the two. He looked up to see Maki looking at him, her eyes seemed to be full of sadness.

"Fushiguro... They're...dead."

She said as she smiled to him weakly, hoping her underclassmen doesn't break down crying.

His eyes widened, his mouth agape, looking at the girl like she said something horrible. Although what she said was...indeed horrible.

Gojo Satoru died in the Prison Realm, Nobara was announced dead a month ago, and Itadori's execution was a week ago. It wasn't shocking that Megumi's heart would be broken into pieces.

At the end, he finally remembered.

The memories they all had, everytime the three bugs Fushiguro which he completely hated, but now...

Everything seemed to be covered in darkness.

But in the end, all he could do was blame himself, blame himself for not appreciating them more when they were still with him.