intro.

𓄼 𝓨𝗢𝗨𝗥 𝓢𝗢𝗡𝗚 . . 𓂅 ❁ ₊˚
(steve harrington x female oc)

And you can tell everybody this is your song
It may be quite simple, but now that it's done

I hope you don't mind, I hope you don't mind
That I put down in words

How wonderful life is while you're in the world

✦ ✧ ✦

It was the 1979 Snow Ball.

Beverly Crawford had no friends, apart from a fellow band member in seventh grade, and was referred to as "Smellerly Beverly" by a bunch of stupid eighth graders her age. At thirteen years old, Beverly hadn't reached puberty yet and she was a little on the chubbier side (much to her mother's dismay), and she also wore headgear for her braces (again, much to her mother's dismay). She was known as a loser and would never like to go out, outside of school, in fear of just being bullied.

However, since it would be her last year in middle school, she figured she would try to go to the Snow Ball since she would never experience it ever again. She went by herself since that one friend of hers had no interest, and it was probably the dumbest, yet most impactful decision of her life.

Steve Harrington, who had been Beverly's crush for a long time, was there with Christopher Wheeler (Nancy Wheeler's twin brother), Tommy Hagan and Carol Perkins. He was busy flirting with girls and touching his hair, which was even amazing in the eighth grade, to even notice Beverly had attended.

Feeling confident since her mother allowed her to take off her headgear for the night, since she didn't want her eldest daughter to be a loser; and since her favorite song, Your Song by Elton John was playing, she wanted to ask Steve to dance. So, she marched up to him in her blue dress and asked, "Steve, would you like to dance?"

He looked at her, dumbfounded. She assumed it was because he hadn't heard what she had said and she went to go ask again, before Tommy and Carol bursted out laughing, causing everyone to tune into the conversation. Steve started laughing along, but it was more of a confused laugh — Beverly didn't recognize it to be that, though.

"Did you really think Steve would want to dance with you, Smellerly? Not even the ugly janitor would even think about dancing with you," Carol remarked, causing her boyfriend to erupt in even more laughter with the crowd that had formed. Beverly looked at Steve, her lips quivering as she tried to prevent herself from crying.

He hadn't met her eyes, laughing along with everyone else.

So she turned around and bolted out of the gym, leaving everyone to laugh to themselves. She didn't look back as the tears started to fall, ruining the slight makeup her mother had put on for her. She made it all the way outside, sitting on the edge of the sidewalk as tears dripped down onto her hands. The moment replayed over and over in her head, making her cry even more. She couldn't get the image of Steve laughing at her out of her head.

And so, from then on, she vowed to always despise
Steve Harrington for embarrassing her in front of everyone.

Fast forward about four years, and Beverly was basically the Queen Bee of the school. After finally hitting puberty over the summer before freshman year, she came back as a new person. She had gotten her braces and headgear taken off, and she had lost a lot of weight (forced by her mother). People didn't recognize who she was and when they did, they seemed to forget about the "Smellerly Beverly" stuff since she was just so pretty.

All the boys started to give her the attention she deserved, even more so when she became the cheerleading captain in just her sophomore year. Since she had left her only friend behind since she was only in eighth grade, she adopted some new friends. She formed a trio with Alicia Sinclair (Lucas and Ericas Sinclair's older sister) and Carmen Flores, forming the ABC trio. Carmen and Alicia were friends beforehand, but when Beverly joined, they all became closer than ever.

At the end of her sophomore year, she began to date Christopher Wheeler, who just so happened to still be Steve Harrington's best friend. Using her new boyfriend to her advantage, she began to make Steve's life a living hell by ruining his chances to get dates or just insulting him to hurt his ego. He started hating her, seeming to forget why she hated him in the first place.

Her life was finally good after the years of bullying and torment.

Until monsters began to terrorize Hawkins, Indiana, and she was forced to team up with the very person she was supposed to hate.

✦ ✧ ✦

DISCLAIMERS

I do not own any of the plot line in Stranger Things or any of the characters from the show. I only own my OC's (Beverly, Chris, Alicia, and Carmen + some others) and the added plot.

Beverly, Alicia, and Carmen are all juniors in Season 1 (making them 17 years old to start off). Christopher is 16 years old in Season 1 (making him a sophomore like Nancy since they are twins). Just wanted to say that so the timeline isn't confusing. You will also see the cast next chapter.

TW:
mentions of an ed/forced weight loss
death
cancer
bullying
strong language/cursing
blood
gore
weapons (guns, axes, nail bats, etc)
mental health
mature themes
suggestive/sexual content
+ anything else that may be triggering in the stranger things show itself!

I hope you guys enjoy Your Song!
Cover by meha-k