060

Beverly used all of her might to swim all the way down to the bottom of the lake to get through the small, glowing gate followed by the others, ending up on the other side.

Or, rather, the Upside Down.

Once she had made it, she wasted no time looking for Steve, who had been getting eaten alive by scary looking bats — Demobats would be an appropriate name — a few yards away. Beverly immediately grabbed an oar she had found in a broken down boat and used it to hit away one of the Demobats that had been chewing at Steve's skin.

"Hey there," Nancy greeted darkly from next to her, since she was able to quickly catch up with the others behind her, holding an oar of her own before she hit another Demobat away from him.

"Quick! Hold it, Robin!" Beverly instructed so she could get the Demobat that was choking Steve away from him.

Robin quickly stepped on it and said, "I got it!" before Beverly started to repeatedly hit it with her wooden weapon.

"Kill it! Kill it!" Eddie shouted as Beverly kept on whacking it. A Demobat then came flying down towards Carmen, making her scream. "Shit!" Eddie exclaimed before he tried hitting it with an oar, not wanting it to attack her.

"Bev, come on!" Alicia urged since the Demobat was still tied around Steve's neck. Robin then started to hit it with her flashlight to assist Beverly, trying to speed up the process.

"Nancy, behind you!" Chris shouted since Nancy was still trying to get rid of the other Demobats. However, Nancy wasn't fast enough to dodge the Demobat's attack and it flew onto her back, nipping at her skin. "No!"

Chris leaped forward and tried pulling the Demobat off of his sister's back as Eddie hit a different Demobat, causing his oar to snap. "Goddamn it!"

Another Demobat came flying at Alicia until Robin jumped in front of her, using her flashlight to try and swing at it the best she could to try and protect her. "Get it!" Alicia said, her eyes wide at Robin's attempts to kill it.

Beverly continued hitting the Demobat until it was loose enough for Steve to pry it off of his neck, grabbing on its tail at the same time Chris was able to pull the Demobat off of Nancy's back.

Robin then slammed the Demobat she was battling on the ground. "Nancy!" she yelled before Nancy used the oar and slammed it down on its body repeatedly to kill it.

"Come on, Eddie!" Carmen cheered since she didn't have a weapon of her own to try and help him. However, he wasn't doing a very good job at attacking it since the Demobat was just dodging his attacks. "Give it to me!" she demanded and Eddie immediately gave the broken oar to her as the Demobat soared into the air, trying to get a head start at them. Once it came flying down, Carmen placed the sharp, broken end forward and impaled the monster straight through its mouth.

"Whoa," Eddie breathed out in shock as Carmen handed the bloody piece of wood back to him, finding that pretty attractive even though it was probably weird to do so.

All of the Demobats seemed to be dead except for the one that Steve kept slamming onto the hard ground. He then ripped off its tail, finally killing it. He spit out some blood, trying to catch his breath since they had some time to calm down.

"Steve! Steve!" Beverly called out, immediately going over to him to make sure that he was okay.

"JESUS H. CHRIST!" Eddie seethed angrily, throwing the broken oar down on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Beverly asked her boyfriend as she felt around his body carefully, trying to see if his wounds were bad or not.

"Well, they took about a pound of flesh," Steve examined as he looked down at his shirtless torso, wincing a bit. "But other than that, yeah, never better."