014

The trio sat on the bleachers in gym class yet again, watching the same teams play against one another as if they were doing some sort of rematch. Chris, yet again, was sat on the bench, sneaking glances every now again to look up at Beverly.

"He keeps looking at you," Carmen told her under her breath, subtly rolling her eyes.

Beverly sighed in annoyance. "He's acting as if he's not the one who cheated on me. He's the one that messed up in the first place," Beverly said bitterly, shaking her head.

"And he hasn't apologized yet?" Alicia questioned, furrowing her brows.

"Nope. Not at all."

"What a douche. He's lucky I don't go over there and slap the life out of him," Carmen told her and Beverly laughed. "I can, if you want."

"As much as I would like to see that, it's fine," Beverly said and Carmen sighed disappointedly.

"Anyway, how was your date with Billy yesterday? Did you guys, you know..." Carmen trailed off mischievously and Alicia shoved her lightly. "What? I wanna know!"

"No, we didn't. But I could tell he wanted to."

"Why didn't you then?"

"I don't know. At first, I thought he was cool, but after talking to him for a while...I don't know, he gives me weird vibes. I don't really think I like him," Beverly answered honestly.

"Aw, I'm sorry," Alicia said, placing a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"No, it's fine. I don't really need a guy right now anyway. I'd rather take a break right now and let myself digest the break up, you know?" Beverly said and both the girls nodded supportively.

"Honestly, though, you're taking it well. The break up, I mean," Carmen pointed out and Alicia nodded in agreement.

"Chris and I have been...shaky for a while, so I guess that's why I'm not as upset as I was the other night. I'm more focused on the fact that he actually cheated," Beverly told them, shaking her head in disbelief.

"I know, it doesn't seem like something he would do," Alicia said.

"Steve said the same thing." Speaking of Steve, Beverly looked over to see Billy taunting the boy as he dribbled the basketball. "Uh oh."

"King Steve. King Steve, everyone!" Billy jeered. "I like it. Playing tough today."

"Jesus! Do you ever stop talking, man? Come on!" Steve replied, just wanting to play the game.

Billy laughed out loud. "What? You afraid the coach is gonna bench you now that I'm here? Huh?" Billy asked before he ran at Steve and pushed him out of the way, throwing the ball in the net. Beverly grimaced as she watched Steve fall, knowing that it probably crushed his ego.

And, for some reason, Billy's actions had annoyed her even though they had embarrassed Steve. It was as if she didn't like when anyone else berated him unless she was the one doing it.

Billy bent over and extended an arm for Steve, which he took. But, it seemed like Billy had whispered something to him before he pushed Steve's hand away, walking away from the boy on the ground.

"Yeah. He does seem a little...aggressive," Alicia said slowly since she was also watching the interaction. "It's probably a good idea not to see him again."

"Would it be a bad idea if I tried to get with him?" Carmen asked as she stared at the shirtless boy on the basketball court.

"Yes," both Beverly and Alicia said at the same time, causing Carmen to groan.