037

Back with the mall group, the seven of them rushed down the stairs so they weren't caught by the Russians inside the other room. "I don't understand. You've seen this before?" Robin questioned all of them besides Erica.

"Not exactly," Steve said.

"Then what, exactly?" Robin prodded.

"All you need to know is it's bad," Dustin told her.

"It's really bad," Steve added.

"Like, end-of-the-human-race-as-we-know-it kind of bad," Dustin continued on dramatically.

"Like, worse-than-a-Russian-nuclear-weapon bad," Chris said to further the effect of it being astronomically dangerous.

"And you know about this how?" Robin asked no in particular since they all seemed to know what it was, apart from Erica.

"Um...experience?" Alicia answered, but it sounded more like a question.

"Experience?" Robin repeated in exasperation.

"Lots of it," Beverly confirmed with a nod, swallowing hard.

"Um, Steve? Where's your Russian friend?" Erica queried slowly. Steve furrowed his brows and looked down, noticing that he was gone.

Then, all of a sudden, alarms started blaring all around them, making them flinch. "Shit!" Steve breathed out, rushing over to the door and opening it up to see that the Russians had found them. He quickly slammed the door shut and said, "Shit. Go, go, go, go!"

"Shit!" Dustin exclaimed as they all ran up the stairs, trying to get away from the Russians. They pushed through the door hurriedly, not wasting any time.

"Move! Let's move!"

Dustin opened another door and they all tumbled through, stopping once they had gone into the room where Russian scientists were overlooking the machine to open the gate.

"Shit!" Beverly gasped as they all looked at the group, confused looks on their faces.

"Go! Shit! Shit, shit, shit!" Steve yelled before they all continued running again. "Go, go, go!"

They ran towards the stairs that were outside the room, connected to a platform, nearing the machine blasting the gate. There was a Russian in a hazmat suit on the platform and Dustin shrieked, shoving him away instinctively before they all ran past.

The Russians in uniforms were right behind them, trying to catch up with them. "Holy shit! Holy shit! Holy shit!" Dustin kept on repeating as his voice cracked, looking at the gigantic machine trying to reopen the gate even more than it already seemed to be. "HOLY SHIT!"

"Guards!" Erica pointed out. "Go!"

"This way!" Steve directed quickly, moving down another piece of stairs that led down to the ground. He pushed past another Russian in a hazmat suit, clearing the way for everyone else. "Oh, shit! Oh, shit!" he shouted as more Russians came from another room. He impulsively pushed metallic barrels towards them, making them fall over to buy them some time. "Come on! Go, go, go, go!"

Alicia pushed Erica in front of her, not wanting her young sister to fall behind at all. Steve quickly grabbed Beverly's wrist, pulling her along since she had almost slipped into a wall. He then looked over his shoulder and said, "Oh, shit! This way!"

The Russians were almost caught up, so they quickly ran into another room blocked by a door. "Come on!" Robin urged and they all ran inside, Steve slamming the door behind them. The Russians started pounding on the door harshly, pushing to get inside. "Guys!" Steve called out, trying to get their help to push against the Russians. Beverly, Robin, and Chris quickly ran over, trying to help Steve.