016

Beverly, Steve, and Dustin drove to Dustin's house in the dark as Dustin explained to them what happened. Apparently, he had found a creature similar to the Demogorgon and decided to name it D'Artagnan, Dart for short. But, he didn't know it was from the Upside Down until it started to grow.

Beverly was in complete disbelief, not wanting this shit to start happening again like it did last year. She didn't feel like fighting another one of those...monsters since it almost killed them. "Wait a sec. How big?" Steve questioned.

"First it was like that," Dustin said, demonstrating the size with his fingers. "Now he's like this." Dustin held his hands out bigger, and the two older teens looked back for a second to see since the young boy was sitting in the back.

Beverly scoffed at the size change, her eyes wide. "Holy shit," she breathed out. "You've got to be joking."

"Bev, calm down," Steve told her since he thought she was being a little dramatic, and she gave him an annoyed look. "I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?" Steve told him, not believing him.

"It's not a lizard," Dustin argued.

"How do you know?" Steve asked.

"How do I know if it's not?"

"How do you know it's not just a lizard?"

"Because his face opened up and he ate my cat," Dustin admitted quickly.

Beverly and Steve glanced at one another before Beverly slowly looked back at Dustin, blinking slowly. "I'm sorry, did we just hear that correctly? He ate your cat?" she spelled out slowly.

"Yeah, doesn't sound like just a lizard to me," Dustin replied, giving Steve a look from the back seat.

"Why the hell would you keep this thing?!" Beverly exclaimed, holding her hand out.

"I didn't know what it was at first! I thought I discovered a new species," Dustin explained himself.

"Oh, it's definitely a new species, all right," Beverly said, shaking her head as she looked back ahead of her. "I swear to God, Dustin, if this thing kills me, I'm gonna come back and haunt you."

"Honestly, that doesn't sound like a bad thing," the young boy admitted, and Steve let out a snort before he quickly covered it up.

"You're disgusting," Beverly muttered, even though she did find it kind of funny.

After making it to Dustin's place, Steve parked the car and the trio made their way to the back. He opened up his trunk, tossing the keys to Dustin before he grabbed his nail bat and two flash lights. He handed the flashlight to Beverly since Dustin seemed to have one already.

Beverly looked inside his trunk, seeing that the axe she had tried to use last year was in there. Steve noticed her eyeing it, so he said, "Take it."

Beverly looked over at him. "What?"

"Take the axe. You know, just in case," he clarified.

"I could barely even use it last time," she replied, giving him a look.

"Like I said, just in case," Steve said before he picked it up and extended it to her. She gave him a wary look, not sure if this was a good idea. "Come on, just take it, Crawford."

She sighed. "Fine. But if I end up chopping your head off, don't blame me." She reluctantly took the axe from him as he let out a low laugh, shutting the trunk.

The three then headed towards Dustin's cellar, examining the doors to see if they heard anything. "I don't hear shit," Steve pointed out.

"He's in there," Dustin told them.