031

"That keycard opens the door, but unfortunately, the Russian with this keycard also has a massive gun. Whatever's in this room, whatever's in those boxes, they really don't want anybody finding it," Dustin told them all in the back room of Scoops Ahoy since he had been surveilling the area.

"But there's gotta be a way in," Robin spoke as she shook her head.

Steve blew into his hat, making it not as floppy. "Well, you know...I could just take him out," Steve offered coolly.

"Take who out?" Robin questioned, looking over at Alicia with wide eyes; the Sinclair girl shared the same look.

"The Russian guard," Steve clarified and they all gave him a look. "What? I sneak up behind him, I knock him out, and I take his keycard. It's easy."

"Easy?" Alicia echoed, arching a brow at him.

"Yeah, did you not hear the part about the massive gun?" Dustin asked him.

"And did you not see their massive muscles?" Chris added, making them all furrow their brows at him. "What? I-I just noticed that they were pretty strong."

Steve shook his head at him before he looked back at Dustin. "Yes, Dustin, I did," he answered his previous question. "And that's why I would be sneaking."

"Ah," Dustin breathed out. "Well, please, tell me this, and be honest, have you ever actually...won a fight?" Dustin asked him.

"Okay, that was one time—"

"Twice, actually," Beverly cut in. "Remember Jonathan? Back of the movie theater?" she said to try and jog his memory, and Chris started to laugh out loud.

Steve glared at the Wheeler boy before he looked back at the girl. "Bev, seriously?" he replied and she shrugged, giving him a teasing smile. "Listen, that doesn't count."

"Why doesn't it count? I mean, you got beat up pretty bad from what I remember," Alicia spoke and Beverly nodded along, remembering that day like it was yesterday. She couldn't believe it had already been almost two years since then.

"Okay, no—"

"Your whole face was bleeding—"

"I was going easy—"

"Lots of bruising—"

"That just might work," Robin whispered as Alicia and Steve continued to argue, quickly getting up from her seat.

"Hey, where are you going?" Chris asked as she rushed out of the back room. "Robin?"

The others finally noticed her rushing out of the room, glancing confusedly at each other before they all got up. They watched from the window as she grabbed some money out of their tip jar quickly.

"Robin. Hey, Robin! Hey, what — what are you doing?" Steve yelled as she continued running, all of them rushing out of the door to follow her.

"I need cash," she answered.

"Well, a third of that's mine," Steve pointed out and Chris nodded. "Where're you going?"

"To find us a way into that room, a safe way," she responded as she backed out of the parlor.

"Can I come with you?" Chris asked with wide, hopeful eyes.

"No. Stay here, sling ice cream, behave, and don't get beat up," Robin listed, making Chris's face fall. "I'll be back in a jiff." She then rushed off, leaving them all behind.

"Well, that's nice," Beverly commented, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Oh, dude!" Steve complained, ripping the ice cream scooper out of Dustin's hand since he had been licking the ice cream on it. "Come on, man, not my scooper."