† TRIAL ONE

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

Within the three years they have been there, Katri had deemed Alby the leader while Newt was the second in command, Katri wanted nothing to do with leadership as she was Keeper of the Runners with Minho, they mapped out a lot of the Maze while they were here and a lot more boys showed up making Katri the only female among them – but a lot of them knew not to mess with her as one boy tried and ended up getting cut by her. Other than that, they found out, Katri is pretty laid-back.

Katri loved her catnaps when she could grab them without Alby finding out when she was back from running the Maze. A lot of death occurred during the three years of her bring there. She found a spot where she could dump the bodies and called Deadheads. Newt, her, Alby and Minho all made their own language during their time there.

The young red headed girl was in a tree, napping a little bit when she hears a familiar sound. Widening her eyes, she jumps out of the tree and quickly runs to the box with all the other boys, pushing them gently out of the way. Taking a deep breath when the box opened up seeing a frantic boy looking around.

"Send him back!"

"We're going to need a bigger graveyard!"

Katri rolled her eyes as the laughter began, she looks back seeing Gally looking at her. She stands up when she feels a hand on her shoulder. "Enough!"

The laughter immediately stopped, and they looked at Alby who looked at everyone. Katri looks at Gally as she nods her head while he nods back as he jumps down into the box and tosses him up over the edge onto the grass. Katri turns around and begins walking to him but then, he begins to run.

"We got a Runner!"

Katri watches with her arms crossed while he ran. She began walking behind the boy who ran. And then stumbled quickly onto his face making her cringe when it happened. Shaking her head while she continued walking to him. Alby was behind her, following.

"Alby,"

"Yeah?" Alby nods looking at her as she stops and looks at him. "Put him in the pit?"

Katri nods slightly. "Yeah, for right now. He's scattered and we need him calm. I'll be there momentarily to introduce myself. I got to take care of the shanks who scared him."

Alby chuckled and nods walking to him.

"Oy!" Katri yells at the boys turning around making them jump. "What the hell do you think you're doing standing around?! Get back to work or I'll feed ya to the Grievers ya shanks!" The boys yelped and scattered not ready to deal with her wrath and her promise to feed them to the animals who lived in the Maze. "That's what I thought..." Rolling her eyes, walking back to Alby and the new person.

"My name is Alby." Alby introduced himself and then feels someone behind him. "That's Katri,"

The boy looks at the young girl who was standing behind Alby. The young boy took in her appearance, she had dirt on her face and clothes, long red hair that was tied in a lose braid with lose strands. She has ocean blue eyes and bags under her eyes indicating she wasn't sleeping most nights.

"Can you tell us anything about yourself?" asks the young girl leaning down. "Who you are? Where ya came from? Anything at all."

"No..." The boy muttered, looking down making Katri frown.

Katri leans a little bit more towards him. "That's okay." She touches his shoulder feeling something weird flow through her veins. "I'm sure you can't remember your name either, huh?"

The boy thinks for a moment and then gently shakes his head. "I, uh, I can't remember anything." He spoke confused. "Why can't I remember anything?"

Katri and Alby look at one another quickly and then back to the boy. "It's okay, relax. It's normal." Alby assured him. "It happens to us all; you'll get your name back in a day or two. It's the one thing they let us keep."

"Alby, do you have this? I have to go check on..." Before she could finish, he nods, and she gets up and quickly rushes out into the Maze.

~

It was later in the day when Minho, Katri and Ben all came back from the Maze. Katri ignoring everyone while she trotted down from her jog and then to a walk and sighs a little bit.

"I thought we weren't allowed to leave?"

"They're different," Chuck spoke while Katri looks for Alby and walks up to him and begins to talk to him. "They're Runners, they know more about the Maze than anyone here. Katri the most."

"Wait, what?"

"What?"

"What? You just said "Maze"."

Chuck snorts quietly. "I did?"

Katri didn't hear the rest while she looks down and sighs. She then looks over seeing the new Greenie walking up the doors making her gasp. She quickly rushes up there, Gally then shoves him hard to the ground.

"Gally!"

"We gotta stop meeting like this, Greenie."

"Get off me!"

Katri slows to a stop and Alby pushes Gally off the new boy while Katri stands in front of him. "All right, calm, calm."

Gally gets ready to bypass Katri's defense while the boy yells out "Don't touch me!" in her ear making her groan in pain.

"Take it easy, both of you!"

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" Greenie spoke in question looking at everyone while Katri looks back at him. "No, okay? Why don't you tell me what's out there?!"

Taking a deep breath, Katri turns around and puts a hand on his shoulder once more. "Listen," She spoke calmly making him look at her, his face toning down to a relaxed face. "We're just trying to protect you. It's for your own good, I promise."

Greenie shakes his head. "You can't just keep me here!"

"I can't let you leave."

"Why not?" Before anyone could give him an answer, a familiar sound rung through the air and the wind blew in their faces while they cover their eyes up. Then, the gears from the door began closing. "What the hell?"

The Doors were slowly closing like they normally do at night. Sighing a little bit turning to everyone while Gally mutters to the Greenie walking off. "Oy! Get goin' ya shanks! We got shit to do!" Katri orders while everyone began running off quickly.

Greenie wasn't going to lie, seeing her yell like that to everyone really impressed him.