† TRIAL TWENTY-ONE

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

Katri was next to Newt and Minho on her knees as they continue pushing everyone on their knees. Katri was gritting her teeth together then they started scanning their necks. "B4!"

"How many did we get?" Janson walked forward.

"All of them." The man responded tapping on his tablet. "Give or take."

"Give or take what?"

"Well, they lost a few."

"A4!"

"A13!"

"A6!"

"B3!"

It was silent for a moment as Janson was looking for someone. He smirks and looks back at the guy behind him. "Where's Thomas?"

"Right here!" Thomas called back as Katri, Newt, Minho and Frypan look over seeing him.

"Freeze!" Many guards surrounded him; their guns aimed at him making Katri's eyes widen. "Go!" One harshly pushed him forward making him stand right in front of Janson as he smirked evilly at him.

"Thomas." The next thing Thomas knew, Janson had punched Thomas in the stomach making Katri livid and ready to stand up.

"Hey!" Vince exclaimed in anger.

"You shank!" shouts Katri as Newt kept her there.

"Get him in line," Janson ordered as a guard gripped his jacket pulling him beside Katri who made room for him with Minho on the other side of him. "Okay."

"Why did you run?" asks Minho.

"I'm tired of running." Thomas simply answered not looking at him.

Katri was sure he could feel their gazes on him, but he just continued looking straight ahead not saying a word. After about a minute, a berg flew in and landed a couple feet away. It opened and revealed Ava Paige as she walked out, wearing all white like she normally does.

"Is this all of them?" She asked Janson as she looked at everyone.

"Most of them," Janson answered her. "It'll be enough."

Ava nodded slowly looking over everyone. "Start loading them in."

"Yes ma'am," Janson nodded back and looked back at the soldiers. "Okay, you heard her! Let's go! Get 'em out!"

Ava walked in front of Thomas and his row, motioning someone with her hand before Thomas was pulled to his feet making Katri stare at him as he stood in front of Ava.

"Hello, Thomas." Thomas didn't say anything back as more guards pushed more people into the berg, one of them led Teresa to Ava. Ava looked back at her. "I'm glad your safe."

"You bitch..." Katri mutters angrily.

"What the hell?" Frypan spoke up. "Teresa?"

"Wait, what's going on?" Newt questions as they all walked behind Thomas.

"She's with them." Thomas answered blankly, meeting Teresa's eyes as they just stare at one another.

"Since when?" Newt asked looking at Thomas as they all look at Thomas, but he kept his eyes on Teresa, the betrayer.

"Oh, Teresa's always had an evolved appreciation of the greater good." Janson spoke up. "Once we restored her memories, it was only a matter of time."

The said brunett girl glanced between all of them, hurt showing on some faces, anger on another. "I'm sorry," She looked back at Thomas. "I had no choice. This is the only way. We have to find a cure."

"She's right." Ava added on, speaking up. "This is just a means to an end. You used to understand that, Thomas." Ava glanced at Thomas. "No matter what you think of me, I am not a monster. I'm a doctor. I swore an oath to find a cure! No matter the cost, I just need more time."

"More blood." A voice spoke behind them.

Thomas glanced over his shoulder seeing Mary staring at Ava with a blank expression.

"Hello, Mary." Ava greeted. "I hoped we'd meet again, I'm sorry it had to be under these circumstances."

"I'm sorry about a lot of things, too." Mary nodded. "But not this, at least my conscious is clear."

"So is mine."

Suddenly, a gunshot was heard and Katri looked back seeing blood seeping through her shirt and she gasps while Vince screams her escaping the guards grip as Mary slowly fell to her knees. He caught her before she fell and cradled her in his arms. Thomas glanced back at Ava, seeing Janson behind her with a gun in his hand.

"You son of a bitch!" shouts Katri looking at Janson as Newt and Minho hold her back.

"Come on, Janson," Ava ordered. "Load them up. Let's go!"

A guard started pushing Thomas towards the berg as he got the bomb out of his jacket, elbowing the guard in the face before holding the bomb completely in his hand. Katri was impressed.

"Get back! Everyone, stand back!" Thomas shouts. "Stand back!"

"Hold your fire!" ordered Janson holding up a hand so the guards didn't shoot Thomas.

"Stand back!" Thomas takes a step back. "Let 'em go!"

"Thomas, put it down."

Thomas shakes his head. "Let 'em all go!"

"You know I can't do that!" Ava shouted back.

Teresa walks towards him. "Thomas, please stop!" Teresa cried out. "I made a deal with them. They promised. They promised we'd be safe. All of us."

"And I'm supposed to trust you now?" Thomas shot back.

"It's true," Ava confirmed to them. "It was her only condition." Thomas shakes his head yelling at them to shut up. "Everything can go back to the way it was, Thomas... Do you really want all of them to die?" Ava walked forward a little bit, but then stopped when Katri, Minho, Newt, and Frypan surrounded him.

"Listen to her, Thomas."

A gentle hand grabbed his free wrist while he looked down seeing a familiar hand touching his wrist. He snapped his head back up seeing his friends and Katri looking at him with confidence.

"We're with you, Tommy." Newt assured him.

"No..." Katri heard Teresa whisper, shaking her head and tears falling down her face.

"Don't." Ava mumbled.

"Do it, Thomas." Minho and Katri said.

"We're ready." Frypan assured touching his shoulder gently.

Katri squeezed his wrist gently as he looked down at her as she looks at him. "You got this, my shucking goof ball,"

Thomas nods and looks back at Ava. "We're not going back there." Thomas told her.

"Thomas..."

"It's the only way." Thomas held up the bomb as they all close their eyes while Katri keeps her grip on Thomas's wrist.

"Thomas!" Ava suddenly shouted before a loud honk was heard.