† TRIAL FIFTEEN

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

As they continue to run through the sand, Katri could hear the guards behind them yelling while searching for them. But she was pretty sure they lost them a little bit ago, for now anyway. They had made it up the hill and searched for any type of shelter until she heard Teresa speak up.

"In here!"

Everyone stopped for a moment to catch their breath, and then turns to her seeing her jumping through a window. Thomas began sliding down the hill with everyone trailing behind him, when Katri finally made it down the hill, Newt caught her before she stumbled into someone. Katri then heard Thomas freaking out.

"We gotta go! We gotta keep going!"

Katri sighs and walks up to him, gently setting her hand on his shoulder. "No, Thomas..." She whispers to him making him look at her.

"You need to tell us what's going on!" Teresa spoke, looking at him as well.

Thomas then looks around to everyone, then puts his hands in his head and paced around a little. "It's W.I.C.K.E.D. They lied to us. We never escaped." Thomas explained to all his friends. "Me and Aris, we found bodies. Too many to count..."

"What do you mean? Dead Bodies?" Minho questions.

Thomas shoots his hand down and grabs Katri's making her jump a little bit while she looks at him. "No, but they weren't alive either. They had them strung up, tubes coming out of them. They were being drained." Thomas continues explaining. "There's something inside of us that W.I.C.K.E.D wants. Something in our blood. So, we have to get as far away from them as possible."

Katri, in the corner of her eye, saw Teresa rubbing the back of her neck. Raising a brow, she didn't ask questions but then looked at Newt who looks at her and she shrugs.

"Okay, so what's the plan?" asks Newt looking at Thomas. Thomas didn't say anything, he just looked at the ground. Clearly, he didn't have a plan. "You do have a plan, right?"

"Yeah..." Thomas mutters quietly. "I don't know."

"Well," Katri spoke and looks at him. "We followed you out here, Thomas and now you're saying you have no idea where we're going or what we're doing!" Katri rips her hand away from his taking a step back while he looks at her. "Thomas, we have to think of something!"

Thomas then looks back at the ground, pursing his lips. Then, Aris spoke. "Wait, Janson said something about people hiding in the mountains. Some kind of resistance or army."