† TRIAL FOUR

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

After lowering Alby, both Thomas and Minho grabbed him while Katri walked behind them to get out of the Maze. It was time for the Wall to open up. Katri was proud of Thomas of what he did, but she was still pissed of what they both did.

"No way." Katri heard Zart speak as everyone turns to see all four of them.

"Yeah!" Chuck cheers out, a big smile painted on his face.

Thomas and Minho set down Alby while Katri looked at Newt as he looks at her as if asking if she's okay. She shrugs her shoulders as the Med-jacks take Alby to their medical tent while Thomas and Minho land on the ground, huffing.

"What happened out there?"

"How did you guys make it out?"

Katri steps forward then pauses. "You saw a Griever?"

"Yeah," Katri nods. "We saw one."

"He didn't just see it," Minho fixes her sentence, making her look down at him with a small smile. "He killed it."

After Minho's statement, all the boys looked to Thomas with wide eyes, trying to process the new information. Katri shakes her head and takes a step. "Gally, Newt. We need to call a meeting. Now."

The boys nod while they round up everyone as Minho follows them. Thomas stays in his spot looking at the young girl takes a deep breath looking back at the Maze. "You're not going back in there already, are you?"

"No..." She simply answers. "I'm debating whether or not to make you a Runner. But that's for Minho to decide." She looks at him. "You got guts, Thomas, that's for sure." Katri walks up to him and then stands next to him, her head barely reaching his chin while she looks up at him. Katri then leans up, kissing his cheek. "That's for saving my life, thank you." Thomas raised his hand and touched the spot where she kissed as she walked off.

~

Once in the Council Hall, everyone sat down while Newt, Gally and Katri stood. Katri stood next to Newt leaning against his shoulder gently.

"Things are changing," Gally starts looking around the room. "There's no denying that," all the boys went silent while Katri narrowed her eyes gently. "First Ben gets stung in broad daylight. And then Alby, and now our Greenie, here, has taken upon himself to go into the Maze. Which is a clear violation of our rules here!"

"If he hadn't, Gally, Alby wouldn't be alive right now." defended Katri told him. "Neither would Minho and I. Who knows what could've happened if he hadn't stepped into the Maze!"

Gally furrowed his brows, glaring at the girl. "Did he? For three years, we have coexisted with these things!" Katri snorted quietly. "And now," Gally points to Thomas who just watched the scene unfold in front of him. "You've killed one of them. Who knows what that could mean for us!"

"Well," Newt jumped in before Katri could speak. "What do you suggest we do?"

Gally shrugs. "He has to be punished."

At his words, Katri could see Thomas roll his eyes while everyone defended Thomas. "Come on!" "He killed a Griever!" All the boys continue speaking up at the same time, objecting Gally's idea of punishment for him.

"Minho," Katri turns to the Runner who looks back at her. "You were with him a lot more than I was. What do you think?"

"I think..." Minho starts, sighing. "In all the time we've been here... no one has ever killed a Griever before. When I turned tail and ran." Katri nods in agreement silently. "This dumb shank stayed behind with you and helped Alby." Minho looks at Thomas. "Look, I don't know if he's brave or stupid. But whatever it is, we need more of it. I saw we make him a Runner."

Everyone then started speaking up again.

"A Runner?"

"What?"

"Minho, let's not jump the gun here!" Katri hears Frypan say.

"Thomas! Thomas! Thomas!" Chuck chants his name, but it soon faded out making Katri frown a little bit. She turns her head seeing Newt with a small smile on his face. Taking a deep breath, turning her head seeing Thomas sitting there with a shocked look on his face.

"If you want to throw the newbie a parade, that's fine." exclaims Gally in anger loudly making everyone quiet down. "Go ahead. But – if there's one thing I know about the Maze... it is that you do not –"

Katri shushed him when she heard the familiar sound. Widening her eyes, she rushes out to the Box with everyone else behind her.

"Why is the Box coming up?" asks Katri look at everyone as they stop by it.

"The Box. It's coming back up," Chuck said.

"It shouldn't be..." added Minho confused.

Katri was the first by Box while the boys surround her, Thomas gently pushes everyone aside and stands by Katri who was frozen. Newt hops down to see who was in there.

"It's another girl..." Newt was shocked. "I think she's dead..."

Katri then sees something in her hand and jumps down and gently grabs it.

"What's that?"

Slowly opening the note, her eyes widen. Newt gently grabs it and looks at it and then reads it aloud. "She's the last one... Ever." He looks at Katri who was confused and shocked and then looks up at everyone. "What the hell does that mean?"

All of a sudden, the girl gasps for air waking up. All the boys jumped including Thomas, her bright blue eyes shift around until they land on someone. Katri keeps her ground while she continues gasping.

"Thomas..." The girl gasps before slowly losing consciousness again.

Everyone, including Newt and Katri, all look at Thomas who was just as confused as everyone. "Still think I'm overreacting?" Gally breaks the silence, glancing at the Gladers.

"Oh, can it, Gally," Katri snaps at him as he raises his hands in defense looking at the two med-jacks once more. "Take her to the med hut and have her stay there 'til she wakes, and I want to know the moment she's up. Got it?"

"Yes Kat," Jeff spoke while Katri jumps out of the Box and begins walking off. Thomas watched her walk off.