† TRIAL TWELVE

NOTE: I'M GOING TO SAY THIS NOW, I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT THE MAZE RUNNER, I AM TRYING AND IF I MAKE ANY MISTAKES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW! I LOVE YOU ALL!

THE MAZE RUNNER STORYLINE AND CHARACTERS BELONGS TO JAMES DASHNER. KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

 KATRI, HER STORYLINE AND ANY OTHER CHARACTER BELONG TO ME<3 HAPPY READING!

── ⋆⋅☾⋅⋆ ──

The guards now led her through the halls until she made it to the cafeteria. All different kids her age sitting at tables. There were boys and girls, Katri glanced around looking for her friends. Katri then felt someone touch her shoulder and she jumped seeing Thomas behind her. Katri let out a breath touching her chest.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine Thomas, thank you." Katri muttered and glances down.

"You cut your hair,"

"I did, thanks for noticing." Katri told him now looking up at him. "I... I needed a change after..."

Thomas shakes his head and squeezes her shoulder gently. Before he could say anything, they heard their names.

"Thomas! Katri!"

Thomas and Katri looked to where it came from only to see Minoh walking up to them in a face pace. He slowly came to a stop but started walking backwards while Thomas and Katri began following him.

"Minho, what's going on?" asks Katri raising a brow.

"We weren't the only maze, come on." Minho spoke as he turns around as they walk to the table where Newt, Frypan, Winston and two other boys sitting at the table. Katri sat by Newt while Thomas sat next to Katri.

"There was this big loud explosion, and these guys came out of nowhere, started shooting up the place." One of the guys said making hand gestures and faces.

Katri pinches her lip tightly. "It was intense."

"They pulled is out the Maze and brought us here."

"What about the rest?" asks Newt. "The other people left behind in the Maze, what happened to them?"

"I don't know," One of the boys shrugged. "I guess W.I.C.K.E.D still has them."

Katri stares at him gently. "How long you guys been here?"

"Not long," The same boy responds with a head shake. "Just a day or two. The kid over there." He looked over his shoulder while everyone followed his gaze. "He's been here the longest. Almost a week," He gestured to a boy who looked to be about fifteen years old sitting at a table by himself, his hood somewhat hiding his face.

"His Maze was nothing but girls," The other boy informed.

"Really?" questions Minho, a little giddy making Katri snort.

"Some guys have all the luck," The boy spoke before they both looked at Katri who raises a brow at them.

"What?"

Before they could say anything, a voice was heard around the cafeteria. "Good evening, gentlemen and ladies," Katri rolls her eyes lightly. "You all know how this works. If you hear your name called, please rise in an orderly fashion." Katri then narrows her eyes and looks at Thomas who was staring intently at the people. "Join my colleagues behind me where they will escort you to the eastern wing."

Katri was confused on what was going on and she was sure her friends were feeling the same way.

"Your new lives are about to begin." Janson spoke, "Connor, Evelyn, Justin, Peter, Allison, Squiggy." The cheers got even louder the more he spoke making Katri feel nervous. "All right, settle down. Franklin and Abigail." Everyone now groans in disappointment and Janson chuckles a bit. "Now, now, don't get discouraged. If I could take more I would. There's always tomorrow; your time will come. Go on, eat up." With that, Janson leaves.

"Where are they going?" asks Minho looking at the boys in front of them.

"Far from here, lucky bastards." One of them spoke, turning back around to face them.

The other boys turned around too, speaking. "Some kind of farm. A safe place. They can only take a couple of people at a time."

Thomas then looks up and sees Teresa walking by with some doctors. "What the hell? Hey, Teresa! Teresa!" Thomas gets up and tries to follow her.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Katri was wide eyed. "Where are they taking her?" Thomas was stopped by two people.

"They just have run a few more tests," The guard spoke. "Don't worry, they'll be done with her soon."

~

A little while later, the guard led them to a room with bunk beds. Minho snagged the first top bunk while Winston went under him, Frypan got the next top bunk as Katri sat on her bottom bunk and it felt nice to sit on a bed. She lays down and then let out a small sigh as her eyes began drooping from the bed and she instantly fell asleep.

She didn't know what was going on throughout the night, to her, it felt nice that she got to sleep in an actual bed. Katri tried to remember when the last time was when she slept in one.

It honestly felt wonderful...