1

The night clenched its icy fingers around me as I navigated the cobblestone streets, a sense of foreboding whispering in the chilling breeze

Each step echoed in the desolate alleyways, my senses on high alert. The weight of crimes i've just committed pressed against my chest, suffocating me with the knowledge that danger lurked around every corner.

The sinister allure of my world pulsed through the shadows, and as I quickened my pace, an ominous premonition gripped my heart, signaling an impending storm I couldn't escape.

I round the building, stepping out into the dimly lit street. I look at the busy street crowded with people and body's being carried into a Ambulance, covered in black body bags.

Police cars investigated the area. "Scusa." My head turns and I'm now observing the male officer in uniform, it was hard not to be struck by the sense of purpose and command that emanated from his attire.

The crispness of the dark blue fabric clung perfectly to his form, accented by the polished silver badge gleaming proudly on his chest. The sturdy utility belt wrapped around his waist, laden with tools of the trade, adding a sense of functionality to the ensemble.

His trousers, bearing a distinct black stripe, mirrored the discipline and precision that seemed to define his presence. The hat, adorned with the official emblem, added an air of formality and tradition to the ensemble.

Honestly, I would smash.

And I finally spoke, "Si, Signore?" I say in a questionable tone.
{Yes, Sir}

He looked down at me, almost to inflict fear and dominance, I blinked twice waiting for the bastard to answer. "Cosa stai facendo fuori a quest'ora?"
{What are you doing out this late?}

A knot tightens in my throat as I speak "Stavo portando a spasso il mio cane e si è perso" i look behind him, glancing at them men I just slaughtered.
{I was just walking my dog and he got lost.}

He huffed, I don't think he believed me.
"L'hai visto forse, è un cucciolo di Rottweiler. L'ho preso solo pochi giorni fa." I ask him
{Have you seen him perhaps, he's a puppy Rottweiler. I just got him a few days ago.}

That wasn't exactly a lie, I did get a Rottweiler a few days ago but he's perfectly safe and at home.

The man didn't look pleased. "Ti farò sapere se lo trovo."
{I'll let you know if I find him}

Looking behind him one more time, fighting the grin trying to sneak it's way to my face.

»»----- ★ -----««

I made my way home, the silent echoes of the engine beneath me. The grandeur of our estate stood as a testament to my father's influence and the prominence of our family in the world of shadows.