11

The long way was at least 30 minutes more than the short way but I had to get Elena to safety

The long way was at least 30 minutes more than the short way but I had to get Elena to safety. I look behind me and Elena was walking slowly. She was getting weaker by the minute. The sun was getting brighter meaning it was gonna be daytime soon.

"Take your shirt off." I tell her.

"Excuse me?"

"Take your shirt off elena." I say.
She huffs and takes off her shirt revealing her red lace bra. I take her shirt and rip it in two before tying it tight around her waist and wound. "Get on my back."

"What?" She asked perplexed, holding her arms. As we walked down a ramp to the sand. "Your joking." She laughed when she looked at the water that was probably near next to freezing to death.

I groan and turn to her. "Elena your getting pale. Your loosing blood and strength. Just get on my back." She huffed, placing her hands on my shoulders and jumped wrapping her legs around me. "You okay?"

I could no longer feel the sand at the bottom of the water. "Yep. Peachy." She replied breathlessly. I get into the water and begin to swim out Elena still glued to my back. "I can swim you know?" She said.

"I know, but your injured and you'll loose strength and you need that don't you?" I could now see the yacht so I swam faster.

I approached the yacht and spun Elena around, her eyes met mine as I held her. "Hop on." She placed her hands on the deck and got up. I hopped on and walked her to the couches.

She groans and lays down per my order while I retrieve a medical kit. Elena's stayed calmer and stayed alive longer than I expected. I take out some rubbing alcohol and put it on a cotton pad rubbing around her wound

"Fuck!" Elena shouts, grabbing the couch and leaning back.

"Well fuck I have to disinfect it." I say to her before I take the huge medical tweezers. "I'm gonna get the bullet out okay?" I nod toward her.

She nods and I slowly grab onto the bullet that's poking through the flesh. Elena groans and grips the pillows hard. "Almost got it" I say trying to get it out.

I huff as i finally get it out. "Done." I say throwing the bullet into the ocean. I feel a hard slap on my hand. "Excuse you." I say to her.

"So you know how many fish and marine life that will kill?" She scolded.

"I don't give a fuck about marine life Elena."

She watched me as I stuck a bandage onto her wound. The sun was now about to come up.

"Is this your boat?" She asked

"Yes." I say and walk to the small deck to retrieve the anchor. "I need to call my dad or Vito. Anybody" I walk over and grab the keys from under a cushion.

Elena doesn't say anything as I start the boat. Glancing back at her I see that she's now asleep hugging a pillow

»»————- ★ ————-««

I spent most of the day on the boat just sitting there and driving it mostly. I also had to make sure Elena was breathing like 600 times. Not that I give a fuck.

I got ahold of Vito when I finally got reception, they're coming so I just have to stay here. I used the phone that's on the boat for emergencies. Elena's been asleep for like 7 hours.

I don't really care about sleep but I'm just getting bored.

Elena shifted in her sleep and frowned, I get up and lift up her bandage and it looks fine. Jesus. She turned over in her sleep, her back facing me. I glanced down at her spine seeing a huge tattoo of a snake wrapped around a sword.

Fucking fuck.

It was thirty more minutes before I saw three boats coming. Why is my friend so extra? The boat shook and the water ripples as Vito's boat stopped next to mine. "You okay?"

I nodded once, he looked back at Elena. "She got shot."

With no emotion he said "Is she dead?" I almost laughed at his bluntness but I shake my head. I walk over to Elena and pick her up, her small body instantly curls against my chest as I hold the back of her legs and her neck.

Once Elena and I are in his boat Vito shouts to other boats which are filled with guards. "Let's go."

"Has anyone figured out who attacked us?" I ask him placing a blanket over Elena, mainly so no one will see her in her bra.

Vito walks to me as one of his personal guards drives the boat. "Luciano, Fernando and some others are at your house examining the dead bodies but the house was set on fire." He explained and passed me a bottle of water.

"I know." I say and take a drink. "I set it on fire." I tell him.

He looked at me confused and like I was on drugs. "Why?"

"Because. I'd rather it go into flames then have my enemies get their hands on anything." I let out a long breath.

We drove back to my fathers house and by the time we got there it was night. A whole day I spent on that fucking boat. And a whole day Elena had spent sleeping.

Getting out of the car, Elena in my hands curled up still asleep, vito follows me inside to my parents house. "Vito?" I hear my sister shout from the living room.

She's back. That's good, at least she's safe.

Elena's father, Fernando came up to me at the sight of his daughter asleep in my arms. "Is she okay?"

"She got shot. She's fine. She should be awake any minute" I said and put Elena on the couch.

"Are you okay?" My mother asked to which I nodded.

"Do you have any idea who attacked us?"
They shook their head.

"We're gonna keep searching for any sort of identification." Ace said, glancing at dad who was sipping his drink.

"Right."

"You don't need to worry about that. You take Elena and you both rest. I'll have the chefs whip up something" my mother smiled at me

 I'll have the chefs whip up something" my mother smiled at me