10

"Why the fuck would the Russian mafia boss want anything to do with Lili?" Luciano's voice hung in the air and Leonora sat next to him, staring at her tea

"Why the fuck would the Russian mafia boss want anything to do with Lili?" Luciano's voice hung in the air and Leonora sat next to him, staring at her tea. Most likely concerned for her daughter's safety.

Vincent placed his glass on the coffee polished wood table. "That's what we want to figure out."

Luciano's brother, Leo looked to me. "How do you even know how to speak Russian." Leo was much nicer than Luciano, he was also just as ruthless as his brother.

From what I can tell he's a good guy. I sometimes her Vincent on the phone with him.

But this was a question I wasn't yet prepared for, all eyes were on me. My father said something under his breath that I couldn't hear. "I just know. I moved to Russia for three years."

"Okay who cares about that. Where is Liliana right now because we need her to be safe." Ace said to everyone.

"Elena." I turn around, seeing Lucia standing at the door, she nodded her heads towards the door.

"What is it?" Vito asked her.

"An emergency."

"How much of an emergency" Vincent gritted his teeth.

I stood up, walking towards her. "I'll be back." Lucia closed the door and I let out a sharp breath. "Do you have it?"

She nodded, handing me the burner phone. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She asked as we walked down the corridor and sneak out a side do to the outside porch.

She hands me a piece of paper with a number on it.
I dial the number and hit call, my heart pounded in my chest as the line rang.

"Privet" I hear the Russian voice reply. A voice I haven't heard in so long.

"Giovanni." I whisper.

The line went silent for a minute. "Malysh?" I swallow the lump in my throat.

The air around me got cold as I spoke into the phone. "Giovanni. What do you want with liliana?"

"Liliana? Who's that."

"Vincent's sister. My sister in law."

Giovanni was always eerily calm so him being so calm didn't come as a shock to me. "Ah, yes. Vincent. Your fiancée if I'm not mistaken."

"What do you want with her Gio? She's got nothing to do with anything regarding the mafia." I explain.

"Why are you protecting her? Why are you protecting him!? Fuck Elena!" He shouted and I could hear things crash on his side of the line.

"Giovanni. Don't do this. She's just a kid she's got nothing to do with this life. She wants away from it." I say, letting out a shaky breath.

"Come home."