Chapter 13 - Embarassing Ceremony / Accident or Intentional?

(A/N) Small Author's note here hehe, I won't be writing the scene where Tatsuya and Miyuki depart to FLT since it's just the same as the canon. Yes, it was definitely that reason, I was not lazy to write it, no, not at all. Anyways, enjoy the rest of the chapter below!

Ayanokouji's POV

It was Monday which means another school day. Me and the Shiba siblings coincidentally met up while we were on our way to school. We decided to join up and embark to our destination being First High. We were now walking towards Miyuki's classroom to drop her off. When we arrived at her respective class, she slid the door open to enter. We had some lighthearted small talk with Honoka and Shizuku before Tatsuya and I leave to our own class. When we opened the sliding door to our room, we the 2 of us were immediately surrounded by our classmates.

"Holy shit you two! They seriously allowed you to participate for this year's NSC?! That's amazing!" One of our male classmates exclaimed aloud. 

"Give it your all Shiba-kun and Ayanokouji-kun!" A female classmate of ours said.

"Good luck being a player and an engineer, we'll be rooting for you two. Show them the potential of us Course 2 Students!" Another male classmate said to Tatsuya and I. We both hesitantly nodded and walked away at the bombardment of compliments until we reached our usual circle of friends.

"News travels fast huh, the both of you already look tired." Leo jokingly chided at our miserable state.

"Yeah, even though their choice was just recently declared." Mizuki said.

"Ah now that you've brought it up. Wasn't the official announcement going to be articulated during the Launch Ceremony?" Erika added in.

"If I remember correctly it'll take place during our fifth period? Are Kiyotaka-san and Tatsuya-san are going to be the limelight for later's event?" Mizuki replied to Erika answering her question while asking her own.

"Unfortunately yeah." I answered for the both of us while sighing crestfallenly, it seems like Tatsuya also shares my sentiment as he nodded as well.

"It also doesn't help that you 2 are the only Course 2 students standing on stage huh." Leo pointed out the reason of our suffering.

"Heh, I overheard that those Course 1 students were seriously furious, serves them right." Erika replied while grinning mischievously.

"Well at least there's one good thing that came out of it." I replied to Erika.

"I second that." Tatsuya said supporting my statement.

"Sadly there isn't anything we can do about it. Their judgement is clouded by jealousy." Mizuki said calmly.

"Yeah I agree as well. Humans are bundles of greed in which they envy things they can't obtain by themselves which then leads to them making irrational decisions." I replied to them to which they stared at me deadpanned as if I said something out of place.