Chapter 1 - I Don't Regret It

"Excuse me," I felt a gentle tap on my shoulder, "Hi sorry to bother you, but I'm a big fan. Could I maybe get a picture?"

"Hi! Yes of course you can. Layla, could you take the picture for us?" I asked my manager.

I walked over to the girl and wrapped my arm around her before she took the picture, "Thank you so much!"

"Of course babe, it was nice meeting you!"

"You too!" She said before walking away.

"She was sweet they usually aren't that gentle when coming up to you," Layla said while grabbing the shopping cart and continued pushing it.

"I know, do you remember the guy from tour that came up behind me and kissed me on the cheek while taking the picture?" I laughed

"Do I remember? I've never seen the security guards take someone out so quickly. But anyways what happened with Alex? You stopped telling me about him after I yelled at you for being out in public with him."

"Pfft, and you wondered why I stopped talking to you about him. But yeah I ended it with him, he was an...interesting person to say the least."

"See boys suck, just date girls like I do." She laughed

"Yeah because I can just switch over like that. I don't understand why it's so hard to date with my job. They're either an abusive drunk, trying to gain from what I do, just weird, or have a problem with keeping the relationship secret."

"I think you just need to lay off boys for a while. Try making some new friends."

"Oh because it's that easy right?"

"No, but it might be easier having friends in the industry. Actually, I know some people you would like. I just started managing them a few months ago."

"No. My social anxiety won't let me meet new people," I laughed.

"Just try it out, please. I'm going out with them tonight, come with me."

"N-"

"You're coming. I don't care if I have to drag you out by your hair, you will be there."

I continued to try and fight her but it didn't work. We finished grocery shopping and headed back to my house. When we got there she insisted on getting ready together, but I didn't mind. Layla has been with me through so much and has become my best friend even though she's 25 years older than me. She's like a mom that I've never had. My mom bailed when I was young and would come back randomly, but that's a story for another time. I put on basic makeup and added slight waves to my hair. Layla said we were going to a bar so I decided to keep my outfit basic and put on black leather pants paired with a crop top of the same color that tied at the front with flared sleeves. Once we finished we ordered an Uber to the bar.

We pulled up and immediately my anxiety kicked in. I wasn't going to show it but I was freaking out. When we got to the door I tried turning around but Layla wouldn't let me. She dragged me inside and started walking me towards a table with four boys. Three of them had long brunette hair and the other had a curly afro of sorts.

"Hi, guys! It's nice to see you again," Layla said while hugging the curly-headed boy.

"You too! And who is this beautiful lady you brought with you?" He said while walking towards me.

"This is Allani, my best friend but also one of my clients."

"Well Allani, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Josh," He took my hand and placed a gentle kiss on top of it.