Chapter 12 - Time

The next two weeks were spent getting to know everyone better, and they were all truly amazing. I wasn't shocked that they had raised Jake. I have never felt so welcomed in a 'strangers' house until now. It felt like home. They felt like home. It's a feeling I haven't felt before, but I'm so honored to feel it now, with them.

We still haven't told them about the baby because I was terrified of how they'd react. Mostly his parents, how does one tell her boyfriend's parents that she just met a few days ago that she is carrying their son's child. Jake kept telling me how happy they would be for us but it didn't help ease my nerves. 

We had just finished dinner when Kelly decided we should set up a campfire out back for our last night here. I was immediately down, I loved being out on their land. It went for miles and miles; I've never felt at peace until I went out there. No fans screaming at you, no flashing lights, no managers telling you what you had to do. Just peace and quiet. Ronnie and I gathered the snacks while everyone went outside to help set up. When we were all finished and sat in our lawn chairs Jake pulled out his acoustic guitar and quietly strummed as we all held multiple conversations. 

"So Allani, since Jake won't tell us anything about your guys' relationship, how long have you guys been together?" Ronnie asked.

I giggled, "Well, we started seeing each other around six months ago but we've only been dating for four."

"Jake, you managed to hide this from our nosy asses for that long? I'm impressed," Danny said.

"Honestly me too," Jake laughed.

"How has it been being in a relationship while both of you are touring?" Karen asked.

"It's hard being so far away from each other, but we make it work." I smiled, reaching over and placing my hand on his leg.

"It's going to be harder when baby girl gets here, but we'll figure it out." He slipped up, continuing to play on his guitar. My wide eyes shot over to him.

"What?" Everyone said at the same time.

"You're pregnant?" Ronnie asked. I put my head down in my hands, "Holy shit, you're pregnant!"

After that, I heard a lot of squeals and congratulations as everyone came over to hug me and Jake. He looked at me with eyes silently telling me, sorry, but I didn't care anymore. I should've listened to him from the start. I pulled out of Ronnie's hug to see Josh still sitting down. He didn't look happy, in fact, he didn't have any emotion on his face. 

"Joshua, tell them congratulations," Karen said.

"Congratulations," he scoffed as he stood up and walked toward the house.

We all stood in awkward silence as we stared at each other, "Forgive him, he's been in a mood for a few days now." Karen apologized.

"Wait, so you guys are having a girl?" Ronnie squealed.

I laughed, "No, well we don't know. Jake is just convinced it's a girl."

"I wouldn't be shocked if it was. After I had him and Josh he guessed both Ronnie and Sam's genders right," Karen grinned.

"See I told you I'm right," Jake joked.

"Yeah yeah, we'll see," I giggled.

We all sat back down in our chairs and all anyone could talk about was the baby. It made me happy to know we have a support system since part of mine wasn't on board with it. Karen and Ronnie even started to think of name ideas, for both a boy and girl. It was kind of hard for me to be excited about it before, but now everything felt easier. I knew I'd have people on our side no matter what. Jake and I decided to go upstairs for the rest of the night so we started saying goodnight to everyone.

"Goodnight Karen, thank you for everything," I said hugging her.

"Of course, you're welcome here always and you can call me mom now," she grinned.

"Well, goodnight mom," I giggled.

We made our way up to his room and I plopped down on his bed.

"See it wasn't that bad was it?" He asked.

"No, it wasn't but you were doing so good keeping it a secret what happened?"

"I don't know, I'm sorry. I wish we could've done it in a more special way," he said, laying down next to me.

I flipped onto my side to face him, "It was still special, just in our own...weird way." He chuckled before getting silent, "What's wrong?"

"I don't know, I just don't want to have to leave you again. I love falling asleep and waking up next to you. Who knows when we'll see each other again; I just don't want to miss anything," he said, placing his hand on my stomach.

"I know, I don't want to either but it'll be over before we know it. I'll FaceTime you during every appointment so you won't miss a thing," I placed my hand over his.

"But four months seems so long from now, FaceTiming doesn't live up to watching it happen in person. Time without you goes by so slowly, and time can do so much while you're pregnant."

I kissed the top of his head, "I know love, but try to think about the good things. Soon enough we can start looking for houses, planning what we want to do for the nursery, there's so much to look forward to."

"But we can't even look at the houses together."

I giggled, "Jake, look at the bright side! I know it's hard but we can do it, look at how far we've gotten already."

"I know, I'm sorry I just want to be able to experience these things together. Having to keep it a secret is torture."

"Well, we might be able to I know a real estate agent who I trust to keep it a secret. As you said, we'll figure everything out as we go on."

"Okay yeah, as we go on," he smiled up at me.

"As we go on my love."