16: Calling Card

3rd person pov:

The moment izuku is gone. Bakugou punches the wall.

"Damnit!"

He looks down at the ring and gets dressed to leave.

"Maybe you'll be the clue to that monster's death."

He clutches the ring tight and leaves to see kirishima. Only to be stopped at the door by the police. Luckily Bakugou sees kirishima sitting up in bed talking about what he had saw.

Kirishima catches Bakugou in the corner of his eye as he's walking away. The look on Bakugou's face is of sarrow, anger, and regret. That's when Bakugou heads to izuku's office on the top floor of the hospital to investigate. In the elevator is shoto todoroki.

"Hey Bakugou."

"Shut it icyhot. Not in the mood for your  nonsense right now."

Iida being behind todoroki. Sees a ring peeking our of Bakugou's hand.

Iida:"You were about to propose to kirishima? Congrats Bakugou!"

"This isn't m8ne. Deku was captured by that thing.

Shoto:"Why would it kidnap midoriya and aizawa?"

"That's why I'm heading to his office."

Iida:"I know you aren't a team player Bakugou. So let us be your extra eyes on this please."

Bakugou:"Do as you wish. I won't stop you."^They'll be useful since light didn't work. Kirishima will be under tight guard now. So he'll be safer here.^

They arrive on the floor. Once bakugou opens izuku's office door by force. They're surprised to see that there's all might merch all in the place. As the three search for clues. Iida sees a pattern in his files.

"I may have found something."

On the paperwork of every hero izuku has treated. There are two work numbers listen. One of them are different but the other is the same on only hero patients. The same one is set as a code. One letter accompanied by a number. Then a dash to separate them. Bakugou notices the code and gets a paper to solve it. At the top of the paper he writes the alphabet. After that bakugou checks to see which way each letter and number represent. The code seems to be simple for him. Yet the other two seem to be confused.

Iida:"What are you doing?"

"Each letter has a number before the dash. So I'm using the number to go back or forward of the alphabet line to discover what letter he's trying to relay. Luckily the letters and numbers repeat. So this'll be easy. I just need a few minutes to decode this. Shoto keeps watch at the door while iida helps Bakugou, and after ten minutes. It's solved.

<Beyond the SILVER vail stands the shadow before you. You need only to pierce through the vail to see what has been lost. My name you ask. Well Rather Answer, I'd Take Heroes to fuel my hunger. Negativity keeps me here. Waiting for you in the dark. Give me what has been lost.>

Bakugou:"Damnit deku. Why riddles? Just give us the answer nerd.

Shoto:" I think he did. Take a look at some of the letters. They're capitalized.

Iida:"okay so silver is all capital, but why?"

Bakugou pulls out the ring and it clicks.

All in sync:"Weakness!"

Bakugou:"Now we just have to figure out what a Wraith is."

Denki:" We might be able to help with that."

At that moment denki shows up pushing kirishima in a wheelchair.

Kirishima:"I knew something was on your mind. So I asked denki to help me escape for a moment to talk. Bakugou doesn't look at kirishima but smiles softly.

"Thanks babe."