t e n

"You look exhausted."

Anubis remarked, glancing at the dark circles under [Name]'s eyes. She groaned and stretched her arms before yawning.

"I couldn't sleep. Since today is the last trial."

"Now I wonder what happened in the first and second..."

"It was crazy. Especially the second one. I'm starting to wonder just how crazy the last trial could get."

"Who knows? Maybe one of them would die?"

"Probably if we're talking about father. But I don't think the gods would just stand by and let Horus die."

--

"As it stands, Horus and Seth both have one win and one loss. Thus, this third match will determine the final winner of this competition. I shall now choose the final event."

"...The third match will be...hunting."

[Name] gasped. Hunting is, of course, an easy task for Seth. After all, what is a war god without hunting when he hunts and preys down enemies as his main task. The demigod glanced at her brother and sure enough, Anubis was very displeased and so did the gods who voiced their contempt.

 'To think the most important match is in favor of father...I wonder what the gods will do?'

As the gods gave and rejected ideas for preys, Seth put his spear down, creating a large crack on the ground. He pointed his weapon to the gods, grinning.

"This is a hunt of the gods we're talking about. I can't believe you all are bickering about hunting animals and monsters. Especially when there's an abundance of prey sitting right here. What makes you think it's a given that all of you are excluded from being preyed upon? This is a hunt of the gods, so the gods should be the ones who are hunted, no?"

Ra snorted, unable to keep a straight face. She smirked, looking at the war god.

"But Seth, if you do that, this would no longer be a hunt. It'd be a war. Are you single-handedly declaring war against all of us?"

"Way to state the obvious. This is exactly how I wanted it to be from the very beginning."

Horus flapped his wings, shielding the gods from Seth as he stepped in front of his uncle. Somehow, he had gained a bit more confidence in facing Seth with his cousin's blessing. Seth had also noticed the small traces of [Name]'s divinity around Horus.

"Uncle, this is not a war. This is a competition. A competition to acknowledge the true king. I believe you've already agreed to these terms."

"Yes, that's why I'm saying I'll stick to the rules and hunt. Do you have a problem with that?"

Maat spoke up.

"Seth. Are you implying that Nephthys, Anubis, and [Name] are also subject to becoming prey then?"

"What...?"

"If you wish to hunt the gods of Egypt, then every single one of us must be included. Your family is no exception. Do you understand what I'm saying?"

As Maat continued, [Name] felt eyes on her and her brother. Some of the gods glanced at the two, even Ra who slyly smiled at them. Anubis stood in front of his sister to deter the eyes of the gods from her.