2 6

In the end, the demigod and foreigner had reached to an agreement where in the bird was to be let go and whatever happened stays between them. [Name] wondered vaguely what Seth would do if he found out about the hidden supplies.

"Well then, I'm off to get your father!"

The foreigner said as he sped off to the Caravan's encampment. The demigod could only roll her eyes before she felt chills up her spine. The wind had stopped and fog settled in the desert, [Name] grimaced as the stench of corpses entered her nose.

Groups of hideous beasts appeared behind sand dunes, growling. Traces of human bodies could be seen from the bones and limbs that stuck out from their skin. Taking a deep breath, sharp claws extended from her nails and she leapt to one of the beasts, shredding its face off.

[Name] wasn't particularly experienced in combat, but the grueling hours she spent watching her father paid off as she went from beast to beast, holding them out with thorns and sending them to the ground as she skillfully carved her way through their mass.

However, the beasts just keep growing back, forcing the demigod to back down and think of a strategy. Her breath got caught, however, as a large, muscular man adorned with a menacing headdress appeared with another seemingly endless group of hideous beasts.

[Name] watched as the mysterious man raised his cane and immediately, the carcasses strewn around her resurrected again. She groaned as she grabbed the first weapon she could find, a sword, which was buried along with the supplies the Caravan hid.

"Mister, whatever god you are, its rude to attack someone who you just met!"

She maneuvered her way through the beasts with ease and jumped at the god with the intent of slicing his head off his neck. The god, unsurprisingly, parried the sword with his cane, sending [Name] a few meters back. She huffed.

'There's no way I can match this guy! I'll get killed!'

Despite her inner turmoil, she kept a defiant face as she rushed and attacked again. The god remained silent and kept a stoic face as he caught the blade with his cane and twisted it, forcing [Name] to duck and step back before her head was caught. A sense of deja vu hit her.

That same pose, she saw it many times before. Her heart reeled as the image of Anubis overlapped with the god. She shook her head, willing her mind to focus at her opponent. He can't be Anubis. Her brother is a mild, gentle man. Not some buff rogue who can't even speak. But still... the word just flew out of her mouth.

"...Brother...?"

The man had no reaction whatsoever and only kept a battle stance, ready to attack at any given moment. But [Name]'s suspicion didn't cease, instead it kept growing. It would make sense now, why she couldn't find him in anywhere. Because he was a god! But how...and why doesn't he seem to remember her.

"...Anubis? Brother? Is that you?"

This time, the god faltered, much to [Name]'s horror. She took cautious strides towards her supposed brother, reaching out for his face with her arms. Tears brimmed her eyes as she cupped his cheeks. Anubis stood there in shock, wondering why the evil god's daughter called him her brother.