f o u r t e e n

"What the hell?! The penalty has become meaningless! Maat! Is he allowed to do that? He's riding a chariot made of sand! And he even created two beasts!"

Isis was furious. Seth and Horus had now entered a duel and were fighting each other with what they've got. And she was furious that Seth had caught up to her son. Maat nonchalantly replied, still not looking from her scroll.

"It's not against the rules for him to simply create something out of sand. I'd stay quiet if I were you, we're not the only ones here."

Isis's hand flew to her mouth and she glanced at the sleeping [Name] who shuffled to her side, her arms shuddering. Beads of sweat formed on her forehead and the young woman seemed visibly uncomfortable.

The god of magic turned away, only to see Seth on top of Horus, yanking one of his wings from his back. She gasped and flopped on the ground. Clenching her fists, she summoned a bird to send a message. It was time.

--

"When is this going to end...?"

[Name] murmured to herself. She leaned on one of the pillar furthermost from Osiris and her father. From the corner of her eye, she saw the younger Isis, crying to herself, hiding from her husband and brother.

'I only noticed this now...that means she saw what really happened...!'

The young woman quickly rushed towards her but the younger Isis quickly disappeared behind the barrier so [Name] couldn't reach her anymore. She was confused. If Isis knew what happened, then why does she insist in persecuting Seth? Was it because she loved Osiris so dearly?

"Wait a minute! Hey! Honorable Isis!"

She desperately pounded her hand on the barrier. To call for her attention. How could she do this? To her father? But despite that, Isis remained oblivious to the presence of her niece and focused sorely to Anubis.

'How could you...how could you?!'

It seems like the gods of their generation only gifted each other with betrayal.

--

"Kyaa!"

Red eyes flew open and [Name] immediately sat up, gasping. Isis yelped in surprise and she too gasped. The two looked at each other for awhile before the god of magic cleared her throat. Meanwhile, her niece only smiled awkwardly, fear still evident in her eyes.

"You seemed to be having a bad dream so I had to wake you up."

"I-Is that so? Thank you then, honorable Isis."

Isis turned away, ready to leave, but [Name] held her wrist hastily. Her eyes widened and she immediately apologized to the goddess. Her instincts get the best of her sometimes. Isis glanced at her, remarking the absolute resemblance between her and Seth.

'They could really pass off as twins...'