2 1

//note: from now on I'll be using numbers in the titles since words would take up too much space also, this chapter is mostly about [Name]'s true sentiments and character

--

Deceit was her mother. She, who rose from the seeds of her father, came to life because of deceit. It was deceit which she hated so much and yet at the same time, thrived on. [Name] hated her existence and the same time, refused to disappear.

"Was it my mistake to be born? When I, who was just a mere flower with no mind at that time, suddenly came to be? Can't you spare me even the tiniest bit of affection?"

Those words, the questions she sought answers for but could never ask her father. She was scared. Scared of his response. Scared that he'll tell her that she had no place in his heart with a voice so cold, devoid of any emotion.

And Anubis, her brother. The demigod who, at first, was just a mere stranger to her but slowly became her company and solace in a world filled with chaos, fear, and uncertainty. She wanted them to be together, until the end of time. Her, Anubis, and Father.

Her greediness for that family showed no bounds when she grew ignorant of the mortals who begged for her mercy. Or when she simply plotted for all three of them together, ignoring the obvious tension between the two.

[Name] was no benevolent, kind being. She was a selfish and covetous monster who had no regards for others. And she blamed it to the environment she grew up in. One filled with violence, chaos, agony, spite, and negativity.

She knew her mistake and never once did she try to fix it. Her role in the current twist of things was quite large. Because she never tried to stop them. Her pleading words were simply out of the remorse in her heart she tried to rid off.

Maybe that was why the spirits now haunted her. The Anubis who kept accusing her suddenly dissolving along with the whole setting of the memory, revealing the souls of the people her father slaughtered. The souls of the people she refused to listen to.

"Is this your retribution to me? For not helping you?"

Again, regret filled her chest. Regret, something she was awfully familiar with. Something she had desperately tried to get rid off, resulting to her fraudulent persona. The main reason for her ignorance and the monster that always lurked at the bottom of her heart.

"I hate this. The remorse I feel. Must I suffer like this in your presence when I am superior than you?"

They didn't respond and instead whispered pleads eerily into her ears. They clawed at her arms and screamed for mercy. Children's cries accompanying the voices of their mothers. [Name] utterly hated it. She hated them all.

--

//note: turns out [Name] isn't as nice as she seemed to be