2 2

"Father, are you sure you're alright?"

[Name] said as she tailed behind Seth who only replied with a grumble. For months, the duo have been walking through Egypt, mingling among mortals, trying to collect the crush souls and free them of their curse. Of course, [Name] went to her father the moment she woke up and never stepped foot inside Heliopolis ever again.

"Do you really have to bring that with us?"

Seth asked for what felt like the hundredth time as he glared at the ibis in his daughter's arms. [Name] chuckled, fondly cuddling the ibis in her hands as she replied,

"Of course! After all, what would be our meal if we ever fail to hunt any wild beasts or scavenge for edible food?"

Salma, who seemed to have understood what his owner meant, started flailing around, trying to escape the clutches of the demigod. [Name] cooed, kissing the ibis's beak, before giggling.

"Aww, don't be so scared~ I was only kidding!"

Both Seth and Salma were hesitant to believe her words when a commotion caught their attention. A battered and beaten poor man with fair brown hair was being dragged towards the middle, killed for all to see.

It took great willpower to stop herself from rolling her eyes and inflict harm on the mortals who had called themselves the punisher of Seth's descendant. Seth clicked his tongue in annoyance before striding towards them, yanking his headpiece and revealing his vibrant red hair.

--

"Father, what were you thinking?! I thought I fed you enough, turns out I was wrong! And the hunger has messed up your brain!"

"Oh, shut up!"

The father-daughter pair was once again caught in trouble and was now running through vendors and jumping over rooftops, trying to outrun the angry mob chasing after them, with the intent of killing the two. The uproar ended with one casualty.

"Did you really have to kill?"

"As long as it's not a priest, I don't see why not."

"Oh father..."

--

"Um...nice to meet you?"

[Name] said awkwardly to the young child. Seth ended up collapsing out of exhaustion and hunger so she had to drag him somewhere safe and start a fire so that he wouldn't die. The child appeared behind a tree, silently offering her a bunch of grapes while she watched over her father.

"Oh, I don't need them. Although father could use some of that to ease his hunger while I go look for food. Would you mind watching him for a bit?"

The child shook his head and [Name] gave a grateful smile before placing Salma beside him and patted the ibis.

"Here, you can play with Salma while I go look for something."

Maneuvering through the area, and with the help of the thorns and flowers she manipulated at will, [Name] was able to find a few edible fruits she was sure wouldn't kill Seth. Satisfied with the amount she was able to scavenge, the demigod turned around but stopped, noticing a falcon perched on a tree. Cautiously, she stared at it for awhile before returning to her father and the young child after she deemed the bird unrelated to any of the gods.

'I don't if it's because of all the trouble we've been getting into lately but I feel like something bad would happen...'