t h i r t e e n

From the corner of her eye, Isis glanced at the figure of her niece who was quietly laid on a chaise, seemingly asleep. She then turned to lock eyes with Seth who had just finished off another beast. Horus was nowhere in sight so she concluded that her son must be flying far and high, hunting off other beasts.

--

"Where am I...?"

[Name] groaned, she sat up, only to find a hauntingly familiar setting. The moon illuminated the temple, and the god sitting in the middle with a goblet in his hand. She shuddered, fear evident in her eyes and she trembled before standing abruptly, frantically looking for an escape.

"Come forth, Seth."

'No! Anywhere but here!'

"You dare deceive me?! You dare go behind my back and covet my wife?! I'm going to kill you! Is this why you sent me to the battlefield? To steal Nephthys away from me? I devoted thousands of years of my life to protecting Egypt, and this is what I get in return?"

"Please...I want to wake up, I want to wake up! Why am I here again?! I've already seen this multiple of times! Please!"

Against the drab and monotone loop of memories, [Name] felt like a bird trapped in a cage. A cage of memories form when she was just a mere flower. Those hidden memories that only showed up after Osiris had resurrected.

Every time she succumbed to slumber, those painful memories would rise and give herself nightmares. And somehow, she found herself unable to escape. She couldn't wake up until it was all over, neither could she escape the temple since a barrier prevented her from doing so.

[Name] was stuck. She was stuck in a painful nightmare. And she didn't know when it would stop. At first she found it difficult to accept, the truth of Anubis's birth, the hidden lust Osiris held for Seth...and many more.

She heard Osiris's voice and [Name] recognized the thorn growing at the pillar near her. Beautiful vibrant red flowers bloomed. Tears fell from her eyes and she found herself sobbing as she caressed one of those flowers. Probably, she used to be one of these who magically personified into the her now.

'I know...I realized it long ago. That I was just a fruit of deceit. The betrayal of your own kin...father...have you ever truly cherished me in your heart? How could you?'

The remains of what used to be the goblet landed near her feet. She could then hear Seth, pushing away his brother. [Name] squeezed her eyes shut and her ears covered, she was dreading for what's to come. But even still, Seth's loud voice rang in her ears.

"He was your son! He was raised by your very own brother and sister! He was our child! Bring him back! I demand that you bring him back this instant! I'm going to rip you to shreds, you bastard! Argh!"

'You see just how much father loves you...brother?'