Chapter 12. People in Black

- So, idiots, I'm not going to hang around with you here, so quickly tell me where Sidia and Marina are! – Caroline quickly went into the room and sat down on the sofa, almost pinning Alice's tail.

- Caroline, you're not in your room, be careful! And we don't know where everyone has gone. By the way, why are you here?

- I went out to powder my nose, and when I arrived, there was no one there. I noticed you at the last moment, and here I am. So, where is everyone?

- Strangers came and took everyone away. - Tania answered reluctantly.  - Since we didn't find anyone else, most likely only those in this room remained.

- Guys, take a look! – Vlad ran out of his room with a laptop in his hands. – It's not just us! These kidnappings went through all the nearby settlements!

We clung to the screen – in all social networks, news, everywhere there was only talk about kidnappings.

- "Everywhere these strange people visited, there were unusual black spots of indeterminate shape and the inscription "Darkness will engulf the world" in charcoal." – Tania began to read. - "They began to be called "People in Black". At the moment, the famous country school "Royale School", as well as some nearby towns and villages, have suffered."

- Stop! You said there were strange black spots everywhere? - Leah suddenly exclaimed.

- Well, it says so here.

- I saw one when we were looking for other students! In the dance hall, on the second floor, near the exit to the balcony!

We immediately rushed to the hall. There really was a big black spot on the wall, and next to it the inscription "Darkness will engulf the world", as they said in the news.

- Hmm... this reminds me of something. -  Caroline said thoughtfully. – It seems like there was such a spot on the picture in the studybook on.. mmm.. what's its name ... according to the story in short.

- Literature?

 - Bruh, no! On "H" somehow.... 

- History, or what?

- Yes, that's it. History, story, what's the difference....

- She's right! - I exclaimed. - When we were still studying the history of the Ernell family!

Leah ran away at the same second and returned a few minutes later with my history studybook.

- Well, well, well.... - Tania started flipping through the book quickly. - Here it is! The history of the Ernell family – origin, family tree, tragedy.... Yeah! "People in Black" is an organization that kidnapped people. They kidnapped Eliza Ernell's three children. Members of this organization call themselves "servants of Darkness". Black spots of strange shape and the inscription "Darkness will engulf the world" with coal were found at the places of the organization's activity. The abducted victims were never found.... - We exchanged glances. Everyone had a look of horror on their face, even Caroline. 

- So.... Does this mean that Sidia and Marina won't be coming back?... – There were drops of tears in the corners of the school bully's eyes. Then Tania started up and, throwing a quick "Follow me!", ran out of the dance hall. Vlad and I rushed after her, leaving Leah to calm Caroline, who burst into tears.