Chapter 15. The Royal Crown

At the same moment, complete chaos began: someone turned into an animal form, like Tania, someone got out of the hands fragments of magic, tongues of fire, drops of water, someone went crazy from read thoughts and various visions.
But absolutely nothing happened to me.
Alice, who had been looking at me with a smirk up to that moment, instantly turned pale. The Lord came up to us:
- Alice, explain what's going on? Why doesn't this girl show the ability?!
- Sir, I-I-I don't know! Could the selectors have made a mistake?
- Of course not, what are you talking about?! Let the girl go for now, let her go for a walk....
The Lord grinned for some reason. I was released, and I went to explore these corridors.
After about an hour of wandering through this maze, I realized that I was lost. Suddenly, I felt a strange attraction to one of the corridors, the narrowest. It was so small that I could barely fit into it, even turning sideways. And in this way, "sideways, sideways", I crawled the entire corridor, which turned out to be much longer than the previous ones. Finally, having got out of such an uncomfortable position, I went out into a large hall with a huge ceiling, from which a tiny hole peeked out. The light from it fell on a small stand standing in the middle of the hall. On it, under a glass case, lay a beautiful silver crown with many precious stones and stunning metal patterns. It was the dream of any jeweler! I have never seen such an unusual product. And again I felt this incomprehensible attraction, this time I was so drawn to lift the glass and put this crown on my head. With trembling hands, I took the case and lowered it to the floor. Then I carefully lifted the crown and carefully put it on my head. As soon as it touched my head, there was a bright flash.
I woke up lying on the floor in the same hall. When I got up and looked down to dust myself off, I discovered that I was not wearing the dirty rags I had been changed into, but a stunning sapphire-colored dress. I wore elegant black elbow-length gloves on my hands, and a necklace with precious stones hung around my neck to match the crown. My hair was styled in an amazing way, and the crown itself shone on her head. I looked around. No one here. How do I clean it all up?! I tried to find clothes – nothing. If I come back like this, everyone will immediately suspect something! What to do?! Attempts to remove the dress were unsuccessful – the dress sat on me as if glued. Moreover, every time I tried to break it, it was restored! Then I heard voices:
- Damn, this Marie, she's already got me! That's why she can't sit still?!
- You know it's just Marie. There's nothing you can do about it.
- Oh, my God, it pisses me off! And what hole did she climb into this time?
I realized that the voices were rapidly approaching. What to do? Where to hide? I won't have time to get into that little corridor from where I came, and there are no more places here! At that moment, I wished for only one thing – to become invisible. The voices were steadily approaching. And then I saw them – it was Alice and.... my childhood friend?!