Prologue

Cover made by booksbynielle!

The life that everyone always wants. Where siblings get along and you have a family that is together and perfect. Sometimes that is the reality of life. But other times it ends up being the kind of life that Gabriella has. Gabriella Mitchell was the youngest of 3 children and part of a family where both of her parents had gone the divorced route. But lately her life took a turn that she didn't expect.

Out of the blue, Gabriella had suddenly started to get letters from someone. The letters she would find in her locker at school, or in her school bag when she would get home, sometimes she would even get the letters delivered over the weekend and the holidays. And they wouldn't stop arriving. But Gabriella also didn't ever want that to happen as she had gotten used to the letters arriving to cheer her up.

When Gabriella's parents got divorced when she was 5 years old it had came as a huge shock for the young girl. She didn't want that to be the result for her parents, but she also knew that their marriage weren't what they were selling it as.

Gabriella was the third child and only daughter of Matthew Mitchell and Elizabeth James. While being the younger twin of Nicholas and the younger sister of Alexander, Gabriella also had to form her own identity within the Mitchell family. She was very different from her twin brother in a lot of ways that her family tended to ignore. Both Alexander and Nicholas had brown eyes such as their parents and both had blonde hair. Gabriella, on the other hand, had bluish green eyes and like her mother she had dark curly hair.

Gabriella had always struggled in life with milestones and when it came to school, she wasn't keen on doing it. Alexander had helped her a lot with the big struggles as he was 3 years older than the twins. But at a time, he had also left Gabriella to make her own decisions, which had ended up in being one of the most challenging things that she ever had to do. But when it came to the next step after Alexander had finished high school, Gabriella had felt lost. Until the letters had arrived.

The letters that Gabriella had received so daily wasn't those that most people would have received. Instead of pointing out what the person had loved about Gabriella, he had pointed out where he saw she had struggled, and where she had overcame those obstacles. The best part of Gabriella's day was when she had received a letter like that. But it also made her wonder who this person was and what made him have such an interest in her?