Chapter 5

"This city is so beautiful," Gabriella said while looking out of the local coffee shop that she and Elijah had found themselves in.

"Why were you so hesitant to come here? It seemed like you were almost scared of doing it," Elijah said while Gabriella was speechless.

"Yeah, I know. I kinda was scared. I wanted to stay and try to fix things with Alexander," Gabriella said.

"I remember the summer before we left actually. Me and Alex were 18. You and Nicholas were only 15 years old," Elijah said.

2 years ago

Gabriella looked out of the window. While she was extremely grateful and excited for her older brother to have gotten accepted into a university, she was also jealous and angry. He was going to go far away from her and she didn't know whether she would see him again. Or when that necessarily would be.

"Okay, my son. Do you have everything that you need?" Elizabeth asked.

"What I don't have, I'll have to do without. Where is Gabriella?" Alexander asked as he saw how his sister was in her room.

"Gabby, comes own here! Greet your brother properly," Elizabeth said as Gabriella looked out of the window, into her brother's eyes.

Although she knew that he had made a promise, she also didn't know if he would keep it. Just like all his previous promises that were now broken.

"It's okay, Mother. I love you, Gabriella. And I do promise that I will visit. I will send letters. Post cards. I'll do whatever to ensure that we do keep contact between one another. That, I promise you, my sister," Alexander said.

As much as Elijah wanted to believe that all the promises Alexander had made to Gabriella were just stupid or worth nothing, they weren't. He knew those promises meant a lot more to Gabriella than she would ever say.

"Goodbye, Gabriella. Take care," Elijah said as Gabriella smiled.

"Take care, Mr. De Luca. Goodbye, Elijah."

"I could see the pain in your eyes that day. Pain caused by Alexander. Pain caused by the lies told. And the broken promises. But also, the pain that you had to endure when he had left. That made me wonder if having so many siblings like I do, will one day end up in causing me as big heartbreak as you have been experiencing all these years," Elijah said.

"You've always accepted me as family, Elijah. You're so noble and yet, you have done nothing that compares to my brothers. I am so grateful to have someone like you in my life," Gabriella said as Elijah laid his hand on hers.

"I'll always be here for you, Ella, always. No matter what it is that I have to endure. I'll always be here for you if you need me. If you need a shoulder to cry on, you've got mine," Elijah said as Gabriella placed her elbows on the coffee table and took Elijah's hands in hers.

"And you'll always have mine. Thank you, Elijah De Luca. For everything you have done for me," Gabriella said as Elijah looked into her eyes.

"You're welcome, Gabriella Mitchell."

They looked into one another's eyes. It was like a spark that happened. Gabriella had smiled, shyly looked away, as Elijah lifted her chin up with his finger. Gently stroking over her face, Elijah saw her blushing. Wanting to say something, Elijah placed his finger on Gabriella's lips, as he leaned in closer. Placing his lips on hers, it made a chemical reaction. As bitter sweet as it was, it was Gabriella's first kiss. Close to the age of 18, she had gotten kissed for the first time in history. The feeling was sweet and soft. Yet everything she could ever have wished for and more.