Chapter 11

Gabriella was sitting at her desk with some books when her door went open. Gabriella always loved reading and to do things during the summer that she never had time for during the school year. But that often included putting things off. So with summer, she always went through her old school books so that when she would to start school again, she was ready. Alexander had stood at the door, seeing how his sister was fast asleep on her books. His mother had asked him to check on his sister every hour or so, as she was busy running errands in town while Elijah and Nicholas were in Florida. Alexander had exhaled and walked into the room. He had put down a cup of coffee on her desk and laid his hand on her back as she woke up.

"Hey, Gabby, wake up. I brought you some coffee," Alexander said as Gabriella exhaled.

"What time is it?" Gabriella asked.

"Time to wake up. It's three o'clock. What are you busy with?" Alexander asked as Gabriella took a sip of her coffee.

"Research on Science and what careers there are. Come January, me and Nicholas needs to apply for college. What are you doing here?" Gabriella asked.

She did find it weird that her brother was suddenly acting nice, but that also meant that her brother was being leaded by someone, and since Elijah and Nicholas were gone, she expected it to be her mother.

"Mom asked me to pop in every hour or so, but I haven't done that. She checked on you at seven, and it's already three now. What do you see regarding college?" Alexander asked as he sat down on her bed.

"You don't have to do this," Gabriella said.

"I know, but I want to," Alexander said as Gabriella exhaled.

"Well I did think about maybe going into medicine. Oncology is always good, I have then subjects for it, so I might as well try," Gabriella said.

"What about the marks?" Alexander asked.

"I have that as well surprisingly. I was said to be one of the top students in mathematics and biology. AP Biology," Gabriella said as Alexander smiled.

"I owe you an apology, and before you say anything, let me talk this time, okay," Alexander said as Gabriella nodded.

"I acted like a total mess with the divorce and since you didn't really fight against Dad, I assumed you took his side. And I now know that wasn't the case. You were just too young to understand anything. I mean, you were eleven, and out of all three of us, you were the one who didn't understand anything that was really happening. And I'm sorry for blaming you. I really am sorry," Alexander said as he exhaled and Gabriella looked at her older brother.

"And I know I don't deserve your forgiveness. I..."

"Alex," Gabriella said as she went to sit down next to her brother and hugged him.

"It's okay. We all followed our own path after the divorce. I'm just happy we didn't completely fall apart," Gabriella said as Alexander nodded.

"So, let's call it quits and say we are okay. Before Elijah takes Nick away for months," Gabriella said.

"Before we do that; what is going on with you guys? Are you guys like..."

"I can't say anything official, but let's say it's not just friendship," Gabriella said as Alexander gasped.

"I knew it! I knew you liked each other. Congrats, Sis. And good luck with him," Alexander said.

"I feel good about it," Gabriella said.

"I'm happy for you guys. I really am," Alexander said.