Chapter 9

"You know you can treat Gabriella with a bit of respect," Elijah said while Alexander looked at him.

"I'll decide on my own how to treat my sister. And you can treat her less nicely. She's not your girlfriend," Alexander said.

Alexander had gone through all the stages of grieve and of anger. After his father had cheated on his mother, he completely withdrew from him, and his sister. Although Nicholas and Gabriella were twins, they were nothing alike. Alexander and Nicholas were as much their mother as they could be. They were always there for her and when times got rough, they supported one another through it all. But, Gabriella took everything differently. She was always with her father and after the divorce, and the children had to pick with who they wanted to live, Nicholas and Alexander decided to live with their mother, but Gabriella was stuck between her two parents. Her father had decided not to separate the children and gave full custody over to Elizabeth when the time came. But that made Alexander and Gabriella's relationship a lot more strain and difficult.

"It isn't her fault your father cheated, you know. Maybe it's time for the two of you to finally bury that hatched, because guess what? Your sister is turning 18 soon. Gabriella is nearly done with high school, and still you are holding a grudge from before high school. Matthew cheated, yes, but it is not Gabriella's fault," Elijah said as he went out of the house.

Alexander looked at his best friend going out of the room while Nicholas entered it. Yes, the two brothers were close, but Alexander could see written on Nicholas' face that he had agreed with what was said. With his younger brother standing in the doorstep, Alexander knew what he wanted to say, but neither wanted to hear it.

"Go and talk with her. Before you lose her," Nicholas said as Alexander rolled his eyes and walked outside.

He saw as Gabriella was stuck with a lot of things. There were books all around her, she loved to read, while he could hear soft music playing. He smiled a she knew that his sister had grown up, but he also knew, what was done cannot be rewinded. What was done, was done.

"Elijah is quite protective of you lately," Alexander said while Gabriella looked at him.

"Elijah is looking out for me," Gabriella said.

"He's never been like this so what are you giving him?" Alexander asked as Gabriella looked shocked at her brother.

"Alex, you have been pushing me away since Dad cheated on Mom, while we both know I didn't force him to do that. And you stating that I gave Elijah something for him to worry about me or to look out for me, just states that our relationship, you and me, will never be repaired again," Gabriella said as she went inside the house.

"You owe her an apology," Nicholas said as Alexander exhaled.

"I owe Gabriella nothing," Alexander said.