Chapter 8

"Alexander! Nicholas! They're back," Elizabeth said as her two sons came out of the house.

As the carriage came closer to the house, Elijah grabbed hold of Gabriella's hand. She smiled at him, knowing that their journey was indeed coming to an end, but she couldn't be happier with the end results of the last few days in New Orleans. As the carriage stopped, Gabriella smiled as she saw how Nicholas opened the door.

"Hello, Brother," Gabriella said as Nicholas took his sister's hand, helping her out.

"Welcome back, Sister. Well done, Elijah. You brought my sister back home in one piece," Nicholas said.

"I have no idea why I wouldn't do that," Elijah said as Gabriella smiled.

"He's joking, Elijah," Gabriella said as she saw how Alexander approached them.

"Now that the two of you are back in Cinque Terre, I think it's time that me and Elijah head back to Milan," Alexander said while Elijah looked at his best friend.

"Aren't you even going to greet your sister?" Elijah asked.

Alexander rolled his eyes as Gabriella exhaled. Lifting her dress as she walked towards her mother, she hugged Elizabeth while Elijah looked at the young girl, feeling how his friend was the idiot. He shook his head while Elizabeth let go of her daughter and caressed her cheek.

"How was the exhibit?" Elizabeth asked.

"It was amazing, Mrs. James. Your daughter has a real talent," Elijah said as Elizabeth smiled.

"Next time we are all going, right Alexander?" Nicholas said as Alexander looked at his younger brother.

"Guess so. We'll see. I was thinking of traveling to Paris next summer instead. Maybe there will be less drama," Alexander said.

Gabriella looked at her brother, tears in her eyes. Elijah looked at his friend, shocked at what he had said, while Alexander were off. Gabriella bit her lip as Elizabeth went inside the house.

"I'm so sorry, Gabby. You know how he is," Nicholas said.

"It's how Alex has always been," Gabriella said as Elijah walked closer to the young girl.

"Well he definitely needs to grow up," Elijah said hugging Gabriella as she laid her head in his chest and wrapped her arms around his body.