Love Candidate - The Serial Killer - Chapter 2

"Jimin," I whispered and placed my hand between our lips when his lips slightly grazed mine. He blinked at me in silence, so I exhaled and took a step back from him with a dejected expression.

"Jiyoung, please-"

"You can stay for the night, but you have to leave tomorrow," I gulped and hurried up the stairs before he could respond to me.

"Jiyoung- listen-" Jimin rushed up the stairs after me, but his voice was cut short when I slammed the door to my bedroom shut. Jimin rattled the door handle and tried to come in, but I locked the door and hurried into the bathroom to drown his pleading voice. Should I call Jungkook? It's past midnight though! Aish. I gripped my hair in distress and finally exited my bathroom when Jimin stopped knocking on my door, so I crawled onto my bed and collapsed onto the mattress. I twisted and turned on my bed when the heaviness within my chest wouldn't subside. Exhaling heavily, I stared at the ceiling in silence until my eyes dropped, and I fell asleep on the spot.

I woke up early in the morning when my annoying alarm went off, so I quickly got out of bed to get dressed, then hurried down the stairs in my usual outfit. I slowly walked into the living room and glanced around in confusion when I couldn't find Jimin anywhere. Did he leave? Shrugging, I strolled into the kitchen to search for food, only to remember I don't have any. So, I searched the cupboard until I found a single ramen pack hidden deep inside it.

"This should be enough," I muttered as I tore the package open and placed the ramen into a bowl after boiling the water on the stove. I added the ingredients and carefully poured the boiling hot water into the cup, then placed a plate over the lid to let the noodles soften. Sighing, I pulled out my phone to find a few texts from Jungkook.

Jungkook: I'm going to visit you today.

Jungkook: Do you have food at home? If not, I'll bring some food over.

Jungkook: Yah. Are you ignoring me?

I blinked at the texts, then lowered my fingers to type on the screen.

Me: Oh. Bring the food and drinks too. I need to tell you something.

I sent the message and glanced at the steaming ramen on my side when Jungkook immediately sent me another text.

Jungkook: I'll pick you up after your shift.

I exhaled after slipping my phone back into the pockets of my jeans, lifted the bowl and turned around to place it on the table but halted immediately-- when I found Jimin sitting at the table with his hand rested under his chin.

"Wae? Did I startle you?" Jimin questioned as I stared at him in disbelief.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned as I carefully settled the ramen bowl on the table.

"You took me inside," Jimin shrugged, glancing at his bandaged arms.

"You need to leave. This place isn't a motel," I exhaled and sat down on the opposite side of the table to stir my ramen. I didn't want to look at him, so I kept my eyes on the bowl.

"Thank you," Jimin weakly smiled as he watched me eat from across the table. I paused with my eyes on the soggy ramen.

"You don't have to thank me. We don't owe each other anything," I shrugged and slurped the ramen but halted when I noticed Jimin staring at my bowl with a hungry expression. I tried to take another bite, but I lost my appetite when he wouldn't stop staring, so I exhaled in frustration.

"Wae?" Jimin questioned when I pushed the bowl across the table and quickly got up.

"Eat and leave. I have to go now. Lock the door and keep the key in the usual place. Don't come back!" I snapped in irritation and tossed the house key across the table. I hurried out of my house before he could react and left him alone in my house.