Love Candidate - The Curse - Chapter 30

The entire villa burst with cheerful laughter as the three of us tossed our wine glasses in the air to celebrate Taehyung's return to the world. He's no longer hidden by his stepmother's selfish desire! We attended the event to confirm Taehyung's welfare since many people still believe he's dead. Mrs. Kim was super upset with our scheme. It was quite embarrassing for her to deal with the commotion since all the attention was on her. Men and women gossiped about the witch at the event, conspiring disturbing theories about her wicked intentions to snatch Taehyung's assets. She kept eyeing my necklace with a resentful glare throughout the night, so I figured she was envious of the gift I received from the heir just before we left the villa to attend the event.

Seokjin drove us back to the vacation villa after we left the venue early because Taehyung was feeling a bit nauseous from the attentive eyes around him. He's a bit nervous, that's all. It wasn't very late when we got home, so we decided to enjoy ourselves in the living room with the liquor Seokjin found in the villa's wine cellar. It didn't take us long to empty a few bottles. We were tipsy by the third bottle. Damn! The wine is so rich and heavy! It's making my head sway in slow motion! Taehyung smiled as I drained the wine from the glass while Seokjin chugged it from the bottle. It's been a while since I felt this relieved, and it's also our first time drinking together like this! I giggled and turned to find the wine bottles rolling all over the floor as Taehyung slumped against the couch with a flustered face.

"One more!" I smiled, pushing the glass against his lips, urging him to take another sip. He can't surrender yet! Taehyung drunkenly tried to drink from my glass, so I gently tilted it to help him swallow the wine. The liquor suddenly spilled from the corner of his lip and dripped all over his plain white shirt.

"I'm drunk! My head is spinning~" Taehyung whined, pushing the glass away to refuse the remaining drink. I chuckled at his cute surrender and turned to place the glass on the coffee table before turning to dab his shirt with a few tissues.

"I think that's enough. I won't have the energy to carry you upstairs later on, so I'll help you now. Get up!" Seokjin waved, walking toward Taehyung to grab his younger brother's floppy arms. I gripped Taehyung's waist to help Seokjin heave Taehyung's body off the couch and turned to collect our phones as Seokjin towed his drunk brother up the staircase. Taehyung mumbled gibberish as he gripped the railing for support. I scratched my head while following them to Taehyung's bedroom to find Seokjin lowering his brother on the bed.

"I'll stay for the night- I don't think I can drive home," Seokjin rubbed his flushed face and slowly walked out of the bedroom in his tuxedo, so I closed the door after he left and turned to pull the hairpins from my hair. I took off my painful heels- grunting in discomfort as I settled my sore ankle on the flat floor. Fuck! That feels so much better! I placed the heels away before turning to find Taehyung sprawling on the bed with his limbs spread out like a sugar glider. Sighing, I strolled into the bathroom to unzip my dress, but I couldn't reach the zipper, so I turned and twisted my torso before the mirror. Why can't I tug it down? I frowned at the stubborn zip while fighting to slip off my suffocating dress. Whatever. I loosened my hair from the bun and walked toward the bed.

"Babe," I drunkenly tapped Taehyung's stomach as he snored against the pillow.

"Hmm?" He hoarsely grunted, waking up at my touch.

"Can you unzip my dress? I can't breathe in it," I sleepily sat on the side of the bed to face away from him. Taehyung exhaled at my request and sat up to fumble his fingers over my dress until he found my zipper and gently traced it down the curve of my spine to loosen it. I exhaled in relief when I felt the tight dress loosening around my body and got up to slip the satin fabric off my body.