Love Candidate - Bloody Freak - Chapter 10

Only Park Jimin can touch my body without triggering my past traumas.

I exhaled in relief after dumping the last lump of vomit into the toilet bowl, shakily leaning back against the wall as I sat on the bathroom floor with my hands gripped tightly in my hair to force the triggering thoughts out of my head. I glanced at Seokjin to find him leaning his arms against the sink with his head hung low. I tried to explain the situation... but my lips were trembling so much I couldn't find my voice, so I rubbed my face in frustration. What have I done? Why did I suddenly hallucinate? Why?

"Come here. Let's get you out of my bedroom... maybe it'll help you breathe better," Seokjin suddenly placed his night robe over my body, carefully lifting me off the ground without making direct skin contact with me. I sniffled as he carried me into his living room and hurried to get a cup of warm water after settling me onto the couch. I quietly drank the water with my eyes trained on my feet, so Seokjin knelt before me with a few tissues to dab my lips with a worried expression.

"Do you want to go to the hospital? You don't look well," Seokjin watched me with a troubled expression as I fought to regain control of my body. I gripped my fist and took a deep breath before averting my tearful eyes to his.

"I- I want to- go home," I whispered as streams of tears slid down my cheeks. Seokjin pursed his lips at my shaken condition, eventually releasing a deep sigh.

"Was it because of me-"

"I just want to go home," I shook my head and lowered my face to brush away my tears. I can't speak right now.

"Okay. I'll take you home," Seokjin agreed in defeat when I refused to say anything else. He tried to reach out for me, but I quickly got up on my own, strode away with my arms wrapped around my body and hurried out of his villa without my shoes. Seokjin unlocked the door for me just as I reached the car with his car remote, so I scrambled into the backseat. I don't want to sit next to him. Seokjin got in his seat and placed my shoes and handbag on the passenger seat, worriedly glancing at me through the mirror but chose not to say anything. He started the engine without speaking to me, and we left his property. I wasn't crying anymore, but I was half out of my mind, so I stared out the empty night street in silence. What's the matter with me? I've never felt like this before. I thought I healed, but why is it back now? I thought I liked Seokjin... So why did my body react the way it did?

"I'll stay with you at your house-"

"It's fine. You should head home," I shook my head and hurried toward the gate when he offered to take me inside.

"You're like this because of me- I can't leave you by yourself. I'm dead worried about you right now," Seokjin sighed in frustration when I refused to tell him the reason behind my unexpected episode. I stopped in my position, slowly turning to find Seokjin staring at me with an upset yet confused frown.

"It's not you. It has nothing to do with you," I reassured Seokjin, yet he still didn't look convinced and stared at me with a skeptical look.

"Whatever happened at my place... it is definitely not normal. If you need help, then I'm right here-"

"Just please go home," I interrupted him with my tearful eyes fixed on his. I'm having trouble understanding myself too. Seokjin furrowed his eyebrows, clearly hurt by my rejection, but he held back and nodded at me in defeat. I watched him sorely as Seokjin got into his car and drove off without another word. I turned back to my gate and rushed into my house.

"J-Jimin?" I hoarsely called as soon as I got to the living room, but the couch was empty. I tried to stay calm when another terrifying surge of memories stuck me again, so I gripped my head in distress and hurried up to my room.