Love Candidate - King Size - Chapter 34

Third Person POV

A Year Later.

The baked brown leafs fluttered lightly from the shedding branches along the side of the chilly street, delicately landing on the flat pavements below its trunk. It's mid-fall, and winter is approaching. The city hummed with faint chatters as people strutted back and forth over the scrunching autumn leaves. The subtle breeze... gushing between the dead branches to signify the peaking cozy weather. A woman chuckled brightly in a warm bridal shop as she twirled in her exquisite wedding dress before her lover. The man slightly nodded at the eye-catching sequin sparkles with an approving smile as she elegantly twisted and turned inside the showroom to admire the well-fitted gown on her slender body.

"Let's get that dress," The man nodded while leaning against the couch with a weak smile. The woman giggled prettily with her fingers clasped over her lips to hide her delighted smile. The couple placed an order for the dress at the reception counter before heading out together. Hand in hand, they stepped onto the sidewalk with a bright beam.

"Oppa. We should get your suit tailored by the end of the month," The woman suggested as she clung to her man's arm. The beautiful woman glanced upward for a glimpse of her lover when he suddenly stopped walking. She curiously blinked when she noticed him staring at the glass window with a wistful smile. The man's body turned stiff as he stared at another woman, who was unblinkingly staring at a wedding dress on display with her nostalgic dreamy gaze. The woman's smile dropped as soon as she recognized the familiar face before them. Unconsciously, she clenched her lover's arm with a timid expression.

The woman by the window slowly turned from the display to avert her weary gaze toward the man's dreadful face. Parts of her chin were tucked away under the warm scarf as she stood before the couple with her hands placed in her coat pockets to keep her fingers warm.

Kim Taehyung stared at Lee Jiyoung without blinking as she stood before him in her warm clothes. It was an unexpected encounter. Jiyoung snuggled her face against the scarf as she averted her eyes to the familiar face, standing beside the man. Taehyung's past sex partner. Yuna. The woman fired Jiyoung a slight frown, so Jiyoung slowly glanced down at the woman's left hand. She was clutching Taehyung's forearm tightly as if she was afraid of losing him. Jiyoung's gaze finally landed on the familiar wedding ring on the woman's ring finger.

It was Jiyoung's wedding ring. The same ring the drug lord gifted her. It was on another woman's finger. How did it fit so perfectly on Yuna? Jiyoung thought to herself.

"Let's go. It's cold," Taehyung coldly tugged his fiancée forward, dully glancing away from Jiyoung to dismiss her existence. Yuna kept her nervous eyes on Jiyoung as Taehyung dragged her past his ex-lover. Jiyoung stared darkly at the empty pavement as Taehyung strode past her without a second glance, giving her an intentional cold shoulder. Suddenly, the world grew a little dimmer in Jiyoung's world. Her heart ached intensely upon his silent treatment, but she didn't complain. They did not exchange conversations. He simply walked away before she could speak.

Jiyoung remained cemented in her position as Taehyung strolled away from her. She wanted to turn around and call for him... but the lump in her throat was too sticky- it entirely blocked her vocal cord. Jiyoung finally blinked after drowning in her dark thoughts and slowly turned around to search for Taehyung, but he was gone. He left. She shakily exhaled in defeat and strolled in the opposite direction with her tearful eyes fixed on the gloomy afternoon sky above her.

It's the 5th time. Jiyoung first returned to Taehyung half a year after she ran away from him, but things didn't really turn out well between them. He's been ignoring her. A month ago... she returned to him again because she needed to speak about a critical matter. He simply dismissed her again as if she was invisible in his eyes. Jiyoung sadly glanced at the calendar on her phone with a discouraged face. Time is getting shorter... she didn't have much time left.