never mind, goodnight (2)

💬 mc partner! yu jimin x m! reader. 2460. when karina accidentally messages y/n something that was meant for giselle

Karina didn't have to open her eyes and check the mirror to know that she probably looked horrendous. She did end up pitching the "confession" idea to the Inkigayo writers, just to show Y/N that it was a legitimate idea. She never anticipated that the writers would actually like it.

After her text message failure, she had stayed up every night until the Inkigayo recording, trying to come up with a plan of action. That, and searching the internet for an excuse not to go altogether. Her Naver search history had search terms like "how to fake a fever," "is time travel possible?" "aespa karina lookalikes," and "cheap same-day flights."

She really did not want to go to the Inkigayo recording that morning. But she was laying in bed pretending to be asleep and possibly unwell when their manager knocked on her door.

"Karina! It's time to get ready, you have to be at the SBS building in an hour," their manager said. Karina groaned, loud so that her manager could hear. When she didn't get up to open the door, their manager turned the handle and walked in.

"Karina, what are you doing?" she said, tilting her head with concern. "You were supposed to be up an hour ago. Have you had breakfast?"

"I don't think I can go," Karina tried. Her manager raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?" she asked. "You're usually excited to record. Are you okay?"

"Umm," Karina said, her voice partially muffled by her pillow. She hoped she sounded sick. "I don't feel so good, unni."

The door opened again, and Giselle and Ningning walked into the room and plopped themselves down on the bed on the opposite side of the room. Karina didn't look up to keep her face hidden from her manager, but she didn't need to look up to see the satisfied, teasing grins on Giselle and Ningning faces. When they came home from a late-night ice cream run last night, Ningning had walked into the room and found Karina still in a fetal position on the floor with her cellphone leaning against the opposite wall like she had thrown it.

So naturally, Karina had to explain and recount the embarrassing mishap.

"Oh, no, unni," Ningning said in a sing-song voice, holding back her laughter. "What's wrong? You can't be sick? I told you if you use your phone too much, all the electronic radiation will go to your head."

"You're not fooling anyone with your sick act, either," Giselle said, covering her mouth to laugh.

Karina groaned. She was about to turn around and yell 'yah, Uchinaga Aeri!' but just as she whipped around, their manager slapped a hand on her forehead. She had a thoughtful look on her face.

"You don't have a fever."

Karina swallowed. "But... I did... last night?"

"It wasn't a fever, though," Ningning said, smiling. "Maybe you just felt all hot and bothered because Y/N—"

Karina, in her whole life, had never moved as quick as she did as when she jumped out of bed and bolted toward the opposite bed. Ningning and Giselle squealed as they jumped off the bed and ran away, out of Karina's range of attack. Which ended up being a mistake since, seeing her up and out of bed, aespa's manager determined that Karina was well enough to attend the Inkigayo producers' meeting after all.

"Be ready in ten minutes!" their manager said, closing the door behind her, leaving Karina to stand in front of the mirror alone. Karina slapped his palms over her temples and clenched her eyes shut again. She opened her mouth and let out a mute, panicked scream.