this time, finally

💬 yu jimin x m! reader. 7274. a love that never was

Karina has been in the industry for almost two decades now, it's safe to say that she has mastered the art of answering interview questions. Ever since she was a rookie in aespa, she has always answered tricky interview questions with her own unique wit, making both her members and the host crack up—not just because it's funny but because her answers are always intelligently humorous. Even after the group disbanded—each member has focused in their own paths, with Karina acing her way as an actress—she has been a crowd favorite for her entertaining interviews whether it is for a film or a new series that she is promoting. She has always answered, even the most controversial and leading questions, with much intellect and confidence.

Until now.

Do you believe in soulmates? Have you ever found your soulmate?

Karina is in the middle of an interview promoting her new film Finding You—where she portrays a woman in search of love and for herself—when the question came during the show's segment where fans sent her questions.

Do you believe in soulmates? Have you ever found your soulmate?

The question continues to ring in her head as she reminisces about her closest encounter with the concept of soulmates.

She was in her early twenties. It was just a year since she debuted but it seemed like she was already at the peak of her career. It was when all of her dreams are coming true, little by little. She thought that was all she ever wanted in her life.

But then she met him.

At the most unexpected time, in the most unexpected place, she met Bae Y/N.

Karina can still remember how nervous she was going in to their first brainstorming, her heart was pounding fast in her chest but it was nothing when she finally laid eyes on him. Her heart and stomach were on a rollercoaster when they were first introduced, butterflies in her stomach is an understatement because Y/N was just too overwhelmingly beautiful for her then. Good thing she's always someone who knows how to let her mind work over her heart. So even though Y/N was distractingly beautiful at first, she learned how to keep it in for her.

Until she realized that he's so much more than that. He's like no other male idols she met before. Well, not like she met that much male idols in the past, but it is also the same reason how they developed this one of kind friendship. They—she, Y/N, and Hyunsuk—have worked together for more than a year, meeting every week in the studio and spending late nights talking in their group chat about what and how they would wing the upcoming broadcast. It may sound like their meetings were limited but it was just enough for them to know each other well; to trust each other.

Soon, their late night chats weren't so much about Inkigayo's episodes anymore. One night they found themselves talking about books. One night turned into two, then three—until the group chat turned into just them updating each other about the books they've read and wanted to read. With their shared love for literature, it seemed like they can talk about their favorite novels and authors endlessly. They even get to the point where they exchange book recommendations and gifted each other books that they thought were interesting.

Life as an idol is hard. There's endless of schedules, draining all of their energy every day, every week. But Inkigayo tapings were always something she looked forward to. She hoped that it's the same with Y/N too. But really, she didn't need any confirmation because she felt it. With the way he greeted her every week, on how they share laughters in between takes, how they helped and guided each other in MC-ing—whatever she felt during that time, Karina was certain, Y/N felt it too.