breathe you in (till I hallucinate)

💬 student-council-presidey!yu jimin x rebel!fem! reader. 3,870. Yu Jimin knows two things about Park Y/N. Park Y/N is the school's troublemaker. From showing up late to most of her classes, to getting caught smoking under the bleachers—usually when the name Park Y/N is mentioned, it's not anything good. That's why the second thing Karina knows about Park Y/N is that she has to stay far, far away from her.

Yu Jimin knows two things about Park Y/N.

Park Y/N is the school's troublemaker. From showing up late to most of her classes, to getting caught smoking under the bleachers—usually when the name Park Y/N is mentioned, it's not anything good.

That's why the second thing Karina knows about Park Y/N is that she has to stay far, far away from her.

Karina is a picture-perfect high school student. Straight A's, president of the student council, president of the debate team, all the teachers love her, and all the students envy her. That's why Karina promised herself that she'll never associate herself with someone like Park Y/N.

It worked out well for years. They've been in the same school ever since they're kids but Karina has never said as much as a 'hello' to the blonde.

Karina's happy about that.

Staying as far away as possible from Park Y/N means she will never get in trouble.

So with the years of experience of avoiding Park Y/N, Karina doesn't know how she got to this point. Maybe the universe wants to teach her a lesson, maybe the universe just doesn't like her, or maybe Karina has simply run out of luck. Because one moment she's taking down notes and the next, her history teacher has paired her up with the person she swore she'll never interact with.

When class is over and everyone rushes out, Karina goes up to the teacher because this is unfair, Park Y/N isn't even in class today. And when he answers Karina's complaints with a shrug and a tone so final that Karina knows he won't change his mind, Karina knows she's screwed.

-

"I can't believe this is happening."

"Me neither," Ningning sighs, unwrapping her lunch. "Can't believe Winter is sick today and I have to put up with your ass alone."

Karina rolls her eyes. They're sitting at their usual table in the cafeteria, the spot where Winter usually sits empty. "You would be nicer to me if you knew what just happened to me."

"Did you get detention?"

"As if," Karina scoffs. "Now that I think about it, this is worse."

Ningning turns to look at the brunette, eyebrow raising in question. "What could be worse than that by Yu Jimin's standards?"

"This stupid history project."

"You calling an assignment stupid? That's a first."

Karina lets out a sigh, placing her head on the table. "It's because I got paired up with Park Y/N."

"No way."

Karina doesn't have to look at Ningning to know that the blonde is trying not to laugh at her. Karina grunts in reply, her friends always make fun of her every time she's miserable about something.

"You know, Rina," Ningning nudges Karina, the latter finally lifting her head. "She's actually not that bad."

Karina furrows her brows. "You've talked to her?"

"She's in the dance club."

"What?" her eyes widened in surprise. "Park Y/N? Dance club?"

"Well—not officially. She helps me with choreography sometimes."