CHAPTER - 10

Avu - Do you... want something?" She asked him, avoiding looking into his eyes.

Sid - "Yes..." He replied, eyeing her soft, pink lips.

And everything went silent.

No one said anything: she was waiting for him to say something. The silence was making her more uncomfortable. She looked down and mentally scolded herself for her messy state.

"What will he think about me, now?"

Avu - What..." She asked again, almost in a whisper.

Suddenly he came out of his trance, running his fingers through his hair. He looked away briefly.

"Behave sidd !!"

Sid - "Where is jhanvi aunt? Tell her to cook something for me." He said and was to turn around when her sweet voice stopped him.

"This voice!!"

Avu -"She is not here." She said.

Sid -"What do you mean she is not here??" "Her shift is not over yet!" He said checking his wristwatch.

Avu - "Umm...There was no work... So...." She stammered again. She gulped and looked directly into his eyes to look confident.

He was standing there quietly, waiting for her to complete.

Avu - "I asked her to leave early, I didn't know that you were coming. I'm sorry." She said in one go. She took a long sharp breath.

"Yes! In one sentence!"

"Good job, Avneet !"

Sid - "What? Who gave you the right to rule over my staff?" He roared, marching towards her.

"Please don't get angry! Please!"

Sid - "Came home after 10 days, and now I won't even get a proper meal. All thanks to you!" He said in irritation.

He was already tired of eating meals from restaurants. He didn't want that tonight either!

"I'm surely going to fall sick now."

Avu - "I'm sorry..." She mumbled gently. She felt bad for him. She could see his pale face, his eyes - all tired due to the lack of sleep.

He shook his head and started to walk out. Again, she stopped him.

Sid - Now what?" He replied irritatedly.

Avu - "I was making food for myself... It will be enough for both of us. If you don't mind... You can..." She said feeling guilty but she also remembered how he didn't
like it when she made breakfast for him.

He looked at her and then on the kitchen shelf. He thought something and then nodded.

Sid - "It was your fault! So obviously you have to make up to it!" saying this he left the kitchen.

Her mouth was wide-opened! She blinked, looking at his retreating figure.

"He agreed!"

Siddarth  left the kitchen thinking about what he just did!

"How can I behave like that?"

He scolded himself and went to his room to take a shower. Her messy hair, her flushed face when they were very close, were flashing again and again in front of his eyes.

"God, my brain has gone crazy now!"

Avu didn't waste any time coming out of her zoned-out state. She instantly started preparing the dinner. She had just made rice for herself but she doesn't know if he likes it or not. She thought of cooking a mix-veg dish and some rotis also. She hurried to wash her hands and walked out to call him after double-checking everything.