CHAPTER - 25

Avneet's outfit 👇[ ignore the bag ]

Siddharth's outfit 👇 [ ignore the glasses]

They talked for some time when she heard her name being called from the hall

They talked for some time when she heard her name being called from the hall. Her heart skipped a beat hearing his deep and strong voice. Like his personality, his voice also had a strong aura.

It's him.

"Why is he calling me?"

She got up and turned to go but he had already come to the kitchen looking for her. They looked at each other. His eyes softened on seeing her beautiful eyes.

He looked towards jhanvi aunt.

Sid - "We need some privacy, please take care of other chores till then." He ordered her to go. Aunt could sense the tension between the couple. Avneet felt uneasy.

"Sid - Come," he said, nodding his head to follow her. She did and she saw two police officers sitting on the couch.

Her body suddenly stiffened, understanding why they were here. And what they might be asking her. Siddarth asked her to sit and he too settled beside her. On his nod, one of the officers began the process.

Sm - "We don't want to disturb you Mrs Nigam  but it's necessary so that we can further the procedure." The officer said with some concern in his voice. A girl who has gone through such a horrible experience won't feel comfortable sharing it all over again. But that's how things are done in legal procedures and they have to follow the system.

Avneet was also understanding this. She nodded positively. She looked towards him. He gave her a little smile to go on.

Assuring her his presence, his support to her.
He held her hands between his. She found her strength back in his presence.

Sm - "We have interrogated Prof. Mishra also. He said it's easy to trap freshers in the name of marks and good grades. That's what he did with you also." The officers informed them, narrating how he behaved like a sadist.

Avneet felt a surge of anger rising inside her. How can he say that? What the hell did he think of himself?

Avu - "It's not true. I don't need anyone's charity marks. I'm capable enough to get good grades on my own merit." She replied. Siddharth liked her attitude. The way she replied boldly with confidence. He smiled at her.

After about half an hour, they were done with the interrogatories. They made her sign the complaint paper. She did as asked. She looked towards siddarth asking if she could go or not. He sensed her anxiety and nodded. She left them to talk and went to the kitchen to get herself a glass of water.

When avneet left, siddarth sat straight to talk about something subjectively to the officer.

Sm - "You don't need to worry about all this now. We will treat your wife's case with utmost urgency." The officer said.

Sid - "I don't need you to do this because this is my wife's case. It's about the dignity of a woman. Treat this as a normal case but punish him as heavily as possible "He should realize that he can't treat any girl like his property." He said to the officers. The officers looked at him- a little amazed. They have heard about him being rude and arrogant but he is the opposite of all those things.

"That bastard! How dare he? How dare he do that? He will never be able to do any such thing, not even in his dreams. I will not spare him for doing this to avneet. He never saw the dangerous side of me but he will, now. I'll show him and the others, what happens when anyone messes with my loved ones." He clenched his knuckles thinking about him all the while.

Sid - "I just want him to spend the rest of his life in jail," he said, getting angrier every passing second. The memory of avneet traumatized face made him furious all over again. But he wanted to abide by the law before taking this into his hands. And if he took the matter in his hand, he knew that the bastard wouldn't live long.

They talked for some more unaware that the person in their conversation was hearing their talks. Avneet was listening to everything they were talking about.

She looked towards siddarth with extreme respect in her eyes. His back was facing her, they stood up and left. He turned to her. He saw her still standing by the door and walked to her.

Avneet didn't realize when he came in front of her. She was thinking about his words, what he said to the officer.

He is such a good human being

Avu - Maa was right, her son is Gem." She thought.

The way he handled her in her worst time, she won't ever forget this. He was there for her when she needed him. He was there to save her. He trusted her without even asking a single question.

"He respects women."

"He respects me."

"A true Gentleman."

She remembered his touches, his hugs and his protective embrace that made her forget her fear.

"Then he kissed me."

Thinking about the kiss they shared, a sweet smile came to her lips. She felt the heat on her cheeks. She blushed.

Sid -"Are you listening to me or not?"

She came out of her trance hearing him. He was standing in front of her, watching her with confusion.

She averted her gaze and licked her lower lip in embarrassment. She had again zoned out in front of him.

Avu - "Sorry,... I was thinking... Something else." She said.

"Don't ask me what I was thinking!!"

He looked at her for some time but shrugged his shoulders before speaking.

They need to talk. He sighed heavily.

Sid - "I wanted to tell you something." He said. She looked up immediately. They never talked. She looked at him curiously.

Sid - "From now on if you need to go anywhere, you will go in my car with a driver and a bodyguard." He didn't ask her. He informed her. After whatever happened, he is worried about her safety.

Avu - "What?? No, I don't need all this. You don't have to do this." She replied instantly. She can feel his concern but a bodyguard in college!! She can't even imagine it!!

Sid - "It's important, you need all these things. And why the hell have you never taken any of my cars till now."

He asked her. Her expression changed suddenly. She looked down without saying anything but this time he understood her. Her silence gave him his answers.

He ran his fingers in his hair. He groaned at his stupidity.

"You called her a gold digger!! Why would she take all this now?"

By spending a month with her, he had realised she is not what he thought of her initially. She never asked for anything.

He wanted to say sorry but he couldn't.

"Sid - avneet, I'm asking you to take this. Will you??" He asked her, looking into her eyes, captivating her entire being. The way he spoke melted her. She felt his genuine concern for her. No accusations this time.

A husband's genuine concern for his wife's safety.

Avu - "Can you remove the bodyguard, please? It won't be comfortable for me in college and classes" she replied with a cute pout on her face. He looked at her in awe.

Why are her eyes so beautiful?

So that's for today guys
Hope u all liked this chapter
Bye guys love you all ❤️